Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Please recommend me a waterproof SPD shoe.
  • Inbred456
    Free Member

Finally my faithfull old shimano mt 40’s have died. Sick of riding with damp feet and feel gore-tex may be the way forward. Thinking about the mt 71’s. What are you riding with and are they any good?

Scapegoat

Northwave Celsius here. Wear your tights on the outside.

mdavids
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing mt71’s through pretty much the whole of the last year’s riding and they’ve held up really well. It helped that I got them half price using CRC’s voucher sale balls up but they are worth the outlay.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’ve been using Specialized Defrosters this winter and have been very happy with them….

ratherbeintobago

I’ve got Defrosters; they’re good, but if they fill with water, they don’t empty again.

Andy

bland

Sidis are great but pricey, i have terrible circulation and they sorted the numb feet issue out

Inbred456
    Free Member

Yeah kind of think it may be a bit of a damp one again this year. I’m a size 12 so find overshoes a bit of a stretch. Will probably ride with these most of the year unless it’s scorching ha! Can’t get away with Sealskins so think Gore tex maybe the way to go. Don’t suffer from cold feet generally so a full winter boot maybe a bit overkill. Thanks for the response.

composite
    Free Member

+1 for Northwave Celsius.

mrelectric

Shimano Mt81. One size up. Ace.

robarnold
    Free Member

A mate of mine has a pair if these:

Lake winter boots

And raves about them. He’s a hard man but with ballerina’s feet so these are the only ones for him

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’ve used MT91’s for a couple of years and wouldn’t go back to the MW81 style bootees.

Having a proper sole makes such a difference to off the bike times and they are Gore lined.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m a 12 too. I’ve had overshoes so you can get them (though I’d never use overshoes offroad). I’m not sure why you think sealskinz aren’t an option either.

My solution is size 48 defrosters with sealskinz. Works very well in the cold in the winter and some of spring.

But given you’re asking about all year round shoes, have a look at the N (for Nordic apparently) models from Shimano. My XC50N shoes are water proof (I’ve stood in a stream with them and stayed dry) but I’ve also used them in 35degree heat and I didn’t notice them being hot. Obviously water will come in over the tops but if you wear sealskinz with them, they could be a winter option.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend me a waterproof SPD shoe.’ is closed to new replies.