• This topic has 26 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by bigh.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Please recommend a good 3D film to watch on our new telly
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Last night I treated me and Mrs. S to a 3D 47″ LED smart TV.

Please recommend a film that will show off its abilities.

It can be an animation – we like the Pixar and Dreamworks stuff even though we have no kids.

Fanks.

organic355
    Free Member

end of thread

DezB
    Free Member

The Wizard of Oz

Drac

Madagascar 3

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Hugo

jon1973
    Free Member

Piranha 3DD

Double the action. Double the terror. Double the D’s

DezB
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

None. It’s a gimmick.

Sorry… 🙁

rene59
    Free Member

Imax Hubble 3d was the best thing I found to show off 3d capabilities, bit boring if you ain’t really into that kind of thing but did look great.

binners

You’ll **** yoursen!!!! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

ourmaninthenorth

Er, we’ve got Life of Pi, which I bought when we got a swanky new TV. Haven’t got another 3D film TBH (mainly if you’re a four-eyes like me because you have to wear the silly specs over your existing silly specs)

patriotpro
    Free Member

mudshark
    Free Member

Does your TV convert normal shows into 3D? Mine does but not sure who’d watch TV that way as it looks a bit weird.

http://www.empireonline.com/promotions/20-best-3d-films/

CountZero

Animations are nearly always far betterer at the 3D thing than live-action, so Up, Bolt, Toy Story 3, Ice Age, (whichever one was done in 3D).

Cynergy
    Free Member

TT Closer to the Edge 3D

jon1973
    Free Member

There are a few 3D PS3 games around. I think Gran Turismo 5 is one of them. Would be interested to see what that would be like. 3D gaming is one reason why I may go for a 3D TV next time I upgrade. It’s going to be interesting to see how much the new generation of consoles will embrace 3D.

lodious
    Free Member

Despicable Me 1/2. The bubbles on the title menu on Despicable Me 2 are the best 3D I’ve seen anywhere 🙂 Madagascar 3 is also really good in 3D.

njee20
    Free Member

Hugo or Avatar

tanz
    Free Member

Just watched despicable me last night…… Very good, going to watch number 2 tommorrow.
    Just watched avatar tonight…. Not really a fan of unrealistic movies, but this was probably one of the best films I’ve seen, 3D and effects/colours are very very good.

derek_starship
    Free Member

We christened the new telly with Despicable Me 2. It was a great film and I was very impressed with the 3D effects. Those bubbles were floating around our living room!

iain1775
    Free Member

+1 for Hugo

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Who buys a 3D Tv when the BBC have dropped their 3D channels due to lack of interest?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23195479

Its a gimmick that didn’t take off.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I vote for How to Train Your dragon for a 3D showcase.

jon1973
    Free Member

To be honest, the cost difference between a 3d TV and a normal TV is negligible, so you may as well have it how, even if it is for the odd film on bluray. I think it’s here to stay because the industry are behind it.

The BBC never had any 3D channels to drop, anyway. They broadcast a few things but the uptake wasn’t there. It doesn’t mean they won’t do it in the future.

mr-brightside
    Free Member

Hansel and gretal witch hunters 3D

MoreCashThanDash

Despicable Me 1&2 – lovely use of 3D, especially the bubbles at the end of 2. In fact, I’d buy the telly just to see that again…..

bigh
    Free Member

When your done with the animated stuff. get a copy of The cave of forgotten dreams.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cave_of_forgotten_dreams/

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Please recommend a good 3D film to watch on our new telly’ is closed to new replies.