Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Please recomend somewhere to park in Liverpool…
  • andrewh
    Free Member

Hello.

Heading over to the Isle of Man on Saturday morning, back Monday afternoon. Taking bikes over as foot passengers so needs to be sensible distance from the port but not right next to it as can ride to/from.
    Given Liverpool’s reputation and the fact that I have a white van, a home-made camper conversion, what would people suggest?
    Also, given that it’s white van (low roof SWB Transit) with a rack, vent and awning on the roof it may not fit in most multi-story-type places

Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

weeksy

Given Liverpool’s reputation and the fact that I have a white van, a home-made camper conversion, what would people suggest?

Based upon this I’d suggest leaving your camper van somewhere I can tell my mates to set it on fire.

What sort of a sodding post is this ….

Could you offend my home any more if you were trying ?

bearnecessities

Given Liverpool’s reputation

Uh oh…

andrewh
    Free Member

I didn’t say it was deserved! I’ve never been so am only going on stereotypes 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Last time I was there it had entire streets of boarded up houses so plenty of on street spaces 😉

Again would suggest using the train instead. Direct into the city and car stays at home.

andrewh
    Free Member

Hmm.
    Train isn’t really an option, it’s quite a way into Edinburgh to catch one and the ferry is quite early so to make it work we would need to go the previous night which adds lots of other complications, and the same in reverse on the way back.
    Is there somewhere on the outskirt of Liverpool where I could leave the van and then get the train to the dock on Saturday morning?
    Been ages since I went on a train, is just turning up with two bikes an option or do we have have to book them on?

binners

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Airport parking is probably worth a look.

blurty

In my experience it’s well deserved. I’ve worked on building sites all over the UK, and Liverpool is without a doubt the very worst for thieving.

Our digs got turned over during the day twice, the site was broken into quite often at weekends. I was walking along a scaffold and an arm appeared over a toe-board & some scally lifted a petrol cutter, while it was running!

We were held to ransom by a fictitious block-layers union, the traffic wardens were on the take (to turn a blind eye). the Skip hire company bribed the gateman to sign for phantom skips. A load of marble was knicked, we were then offered it back for a ransom/ fee. The Client’s QS made it clear he would be lenient in negotiations, if we provided entertainment (Cheltenham Gold cup etc)

On a scale of dodginess, with the West End of London at 3, I’d put Liverpool as 10

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I only know this side, but there’s a 400 space car park at Hooton, with direct trains to central Liverpool. 80p a day if I remember correctly.

Edit: Not sure if there’s a height restriction. I don’t think so, but it’s worth a call to the station to check.

andyl
    Free Member

Based upon this I’d suggest leaving your camper van somewhere I can tell my mates to set it on fire.

Oh the ironing…

sorry but having grown up on Merseyside I would agree with the OPs concerns. But I would also be worried in parts of Bristol and lots of other cities.

How about this website: https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/liverpool/

brooess
    Free Member

I got the impression most people in Liverpool parked their cars on small piles of bricks, one at each corner 🙂

(Sorry Weeksy)

loddrik
    Free Member

Lived here all my life. Never been the victim of a crime in all my time as an adult.

Real crime hotshot though.. 🙄

binners

I’ll put the kettle on. Biscuits anyone?

😀

MrOvershoot

Andrew if you want I will send you an email, I have free secure parking available about 2 miles from the the city center.

andrewh
    Free Member

Thanks loads Mr Overshoot. Just tried to send you an email but yahoo is having an off day and won’t let me in. My addess in my profile.

Hooton looks a good option for the train, maybe Chester for a mainline one, tain to Birkenhead and then ride accross the bridge, looks doable on google maps.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Hooton looks a good option for the train, maybe Chester for a mainline one, tain to Birkenhead and then ride accross the bridge, looks doable on google maps.

Bridge from Birkenhead to Liverpool? Good luck with that.

I’ve done the ferry several times by bike from Lime Street, but I appreciate that you might not have an early enough train available.

project
    Free Member

Hooton station has restrictors on height- scalping bars and doesnt allow overnight parking.
    Our car park gets full weekends, but plenty of space on street outside, Birkenhead area, But Mr Overshoot is a probably a better bet for secure parking ..

MrOvershoot

Andrew I’ve sent you an email

Esme
    Free Member

“then ride accross the bridge, looks doable on google maps”
    Best double-check that with Google satellite 😉

brooess
    Free Member

“then ride accross the bridge, looks doable on google maps”

The clue is in the song title “Ferry, ‘cross The Mersey”

MrOvershoot

I doubt it was the ferry, more likely the tunnels might look like bridges on the maps.
    Which indeed they do!
    Tunnels

Esme
    Free Member

And those blue dashed lines, are they bridleways?
    Same as across Morecambe Bay?

EDIT: No, that’s a BOAT – much more suitable!

MrOvershoot

I’m liking your work there Esme, 😀

andrewh
    Free Member

Oh yes, the Mersey tunnel 😳
    Had a couple of offers of places to park, obviously it’s home to quite a few nice folks.

And Esme, that’s brilliant 😆

MrOvershoot

If you have emailed me back I won’t be able to reply till I’m home in a couple of hours as web mail is blocked at work.

allthepies
    Free Member

Dey do doh don’t dey

johndoh
    Free Member

Stanley

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Please recomend somewhere to park in Liverpool…’ is closed to new replies.