Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • please reccomend me a neat seatpack for my Croix De Fer
  • iainc

whilst I follow The Rules for the road bike and use my Jersey Pockets I quite fancy a seatpack for the cross bike, as an alternative to backpack. Ideally space for small mini pump, tubes, multitool. Phone and stuff can still go in pockets

GHill

I’ve been thinking of something similar for my prospective CdF purchase, and I’m thinking Topeak aero wedge. It’s going to be a commuter as well as Dad-bike/cross/tourer.

senorj

Some rules are there to be broken .
    Therefore I use the topeak aero small mentioned above on my non racing cx. 🙂
    I have two tubes , two gas cylinder thingies , small tool & emergency patches in it .
    It’s ugly , but effective . Wears on the seat post though ….maybe tape it up first .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

At this time of year I prefer something a bit roomier – usually to carry a Montane Prism jacket or a foil blanket. The Ortlieb waterproof bags do me well enough. Mind you, I also prefer a frame-fit pump so I ignore The Rules.

jameso

Any bag with a cinch-strap that wraps around both bag and the rails. I hate rattly seat packs.. )

kcal

on a similar sort of bike (at least in general purpose use) I’ve found something like the Revelate / Epic Tangle bag really useful — long enough to stuff a decent (M’tain Morph) pump, tube, tools, phone, small jacket / gilet, most necessities for a 2 – 3 hour blast really.

any weight is noticeable obviously, but I like that the weight is carried within the frame triangle.

jameso

Tanglebags are good, Alpkit have a cool new one with a daisy-chain strap attachment that means this bag fits my MTB, road and CX bikes. Can double-up so 2 bags share straps.

iainc

Jameso – that looks spot on, thanks

globalti
    Free Member

Scott seat packs are small and discrete and easy to fit and remove with a W clip that hangs on the seat rails.

Andy

James liking that Alpkit “cool new one”. Which model is it please? 🙂

jameso

Andy, not sure of the name or what their plans are for it, was just an idea discussed that they sent me some trial models of, with gas tanks to match using the same system.

Kahurangi

Topeak ProPackfor no seat post rub. Won’t fit as pump in there though – that’s what a frame mount is for 😉

Jake25

It is also worth checking out Beer Babe
    Great packs, recycled material, good price 🙂
    Plus she will customize them for you if you ask nicely.

beerbiker
    Free Member

What about BeerBabes Mini Tool Roll originally designed to do what you want but fit in a cycle jersey pocket 😆

http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2840540-Mini-Tool-Roll.html

warpcow
    Free Member

Another vote for Topeak Aero Wedge. I have the micro for quick-ish jaunts on my CX: tube, multitool, patches and quick-link (pump on the frame).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Lezyne micro caddy, new ones are more robust that the older ones:

micro caddy

use one on my croix, has tube, microtool, puncture repair/tubeless kit with scissors/tyre boot, etc.

Much the neatest.

globalti
    Free Member

The Scott W clip is the most robust and is quick to dismount:

rOcKeTdOg
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘please reccomend me a neat seatpack for my Croix De Fer’ is closed to new replies.