Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Please make it Sue Perkins… (Doctor Who content)
  • allthegear
    Free Member

Please, please, please make it Sue Perkins for the next Doctor…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

Rachel

colournoise

Not a bad call…

Suspect they’ll go for another ‘unknown’ though.

Ben Whishaw would be quite good too I reckon, but is (a) possibly too expensive now and (b) too much like Matt Smith.

Eccleston is still my fave ‘new’ doctor – right mix of alien-weird, genuinely mental and vaguely (tragically) heroic – shame it was always just a one-shot deal and he’s washed his hands of the whole thing.

Northwind

The BBC said Smith’s “spectacular exit” was yet to be revealed and would be “kept tightly under wraps”.

I don’t think they quite understand what “under wraps” means! “Yeah we’re doing this secret thing! Don’t tell no-one!”

Nice thing is that you don’t need to cast “The Doctor”, you just get the person in and get them to do their own thing.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Why is the death of Stuart Cable in the top ten of most read BBC news articles?

mrmo
    Free Member

curious to know how John Hurt fits in, we have been told he is the doctor but not the doctor if that makes sense.

Northwind

Deveron53- Apparently some no-mark on the Voice credited a song to him so probably all the Voice fans are trying to find out who he was. Then probably googling what a “drummer” is.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can she act though – not seen her in anything but i dont watch much TV

A female Dr would be a good idea though

brakes
    Free Member

do people actually like Sue Perkins?
    next you’ll be telling me people like Mel Gedrioycych

allthegear
    Free Member

Well yes, I wouldn’t have mentioned her name, otherwise… 😉

Rachel

chewkw
    Free Member

Why her? Why not give the chance to some unknown actor/actress?

allthegear
    Free Member

Because I feel she has an edge to her characters that would work well in the role.

Cougar

I’m sure that’s the only reason. (-:

higgo
    Free Member

I like Sue Perkins.
    But I don’t think she likes me the way I like her.

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s like you can read my mind, Cougar… 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

allthegear – Member

Because I feel she has an edge to her characters that would work well in the role.

hhhmmm … not sure about that because she is a critique trying to be funny.

Cougar

Spooky, isn’t it. (-:

In honesty, I can’t see there being a female Doctor. I’d welcome it, but I doubt they’d be brave enough to do it. A non-caucasian one might be more likely though?

For me, I’ve always felt that the Doctor needed gravitas, and that’s the one thing Smith lacked. When Eccleston was throwing his weight around he was genuinely menacing; when Matt tries to be menacing I just think “shut up, how old are you?”

RustySpanner

In honesty, I can’t see there being a female Doctor. I’d welcome it, but I doubt they’d be brave enough to do it. A non-caucasian one might be more likely though?

My money’s on Adrian Lester.

ojom
    Free Member

As long as soufflé girl stays I don’t care what happens.

Northwind

I’m holding out for Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. I’d never miss an episode of that.

bigblackshed

Adrian Lester was mentioned before Matt Smith was announced IIRC.

I’m not convinced about a female Doctor. It would be a brave move if they did. I just see The Doctor as male.

hora
    Free Member

Sue would be brill. (Im not a Who fan but she makes sense)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Someone elsewhere suggested Gary Oldman, can’t see him doing it but he would be brilliant. Cumberbatch would also be interesting but I guess he may have progressed beyond Dr Who.

It’s really interesting listening to my 2 lads (14 & 16) they grew up with Dr Who – old ones on VHS as far back as I could get them, then the new stuff. It does take up an inordinate amount of time at the dinner table and we concluded that RTD was a better writer than Moffat and got the best out of the previous two.

I’m with Cougar on the gravitas front, Smith was a bit featherweight when he became angry. Oldman would be really scary, he does deranged anger so well.

@Northwind – good call, that would be interesting.

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m holding out for Michael Ironside.

Soufflé: “who am I? How do I fit in?”

Michael Ironside: “I need a corporal. You’re it, until you’re dead or I find someone better”

mikey74
    Free Member

Gary Oldman? I would probably start watching it if that happened. However, I fear young children, and a large number of adults, would run screaming from the room in fear.

bigG
    Free Member

Sue Perkins? no thanks.

My money is on another relatively unknown actor taking over the role.

falkirk-mark

Lets not bother with Sue Perkins, I just googled her and I am glad there are no pics of her on here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS every thread about a woman just descends to her looks- hey lets wathc the gadget show someone fit is on it etc

One day most of us will escape the caves and get our knuckles off the ground and realise that what may be more important is whether she can act and do the role justice

loum
    Free Member

Matt Smith to leave and do Great British Bake Off.

falkirk-mark

FFS every thread about a woman just descends to her looks- hey lets wathc the gadget show someone fit is on it etc

One day most of us will escape the caves and get our knuckles off the ground and realise that what may be more important is whether she can act and do the role justice
    Sorry I didn’t realise we were taking a Doctor Who thread just as seriously, just ignore my glib comments.

loum
    Free Member

what may be more important is whether she can act and do the role justice

No, that’s crap.

The only character she’s ever played is “Sue Perkins”, and it wasn’t her acting talent that that got her that role – it was the fact that she LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE “Sue Perkins”.

She’s the female Danny Dyer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nice use of the edinburgh

jamj1974

I have enjoyed Matt Smith as the Doctor. I would love to see a change in the casting. A female, non white, or a working class portrayal of the Doctor could be great!

Wookster

Sue Perkins! Are you kidding me! She only does sue Perkins!!

All the gear you’ve had a shocker mate!!! 😆

epicyclo

Valentino Rossi is the Doctor – all others are impostors 🙂

jamj1974

Must agree – sorry OP… I think Sue Perkins would be really very bad.

mikey74
    Free Member

or a working class portrayal of the Doctor could be great!

Hahahahaha. Oh, wait: You’re serious? What the hell does class have to do with it?

I know: Let’s have a chav doctor. They could replace the TARDIS with a pimped Vauxhall Nova and they could walk around in a shell suit saying “innit” at the end of every sentence.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The last three doctors have been top actors with long CVs. As much as i like Sue Perkins she isn’t the same calibre. How about Tamsin Greig?

southbeds
    Free Member

Sue Perkins is on every thing else why not DOCTOR WHO

MSP

They really do need to sort the scriptwriting out first, so that there is a proper conclusion the the story rather than the Dr just winning because he is “the Dr”

If they did that, I would like to see Mark Strong take on the role.

tuffty
    Free Member

I think they should choose an older Dr. On the same line of GBBO what about Mary Berry?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Please make it Sue Perkins… (Doctor Who content)’ is closed to new replies.