Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Please be as judgemental as you can, it’s friday
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What with dogs in cars, 3 punch cyclists and what not…

Ergo, this collection of vehicles:

My friend said ‘wow awesome’, my other friend did not say ‘wow awesome’.

I said “I cannot think without consulting singletrack”  and here we are…

perchypanther
    Free Member

3/10 – Lacks gyrocopter

Drac

If he fits winter tyres he’d not need the jet ski as they’re magical.

Superficial
    Free Member

What’s not awesome about that? I’d love to razz about in the snow on one of those things.

What was the beef of your grumpy friend?

DezB
    Free Member

Can you do a selfie so I can judge your choice of outer wear doesn’t consist of a fashion item for well-heeled skiers, or yummy mummys & daddys on the school run to pick up Tabitha and Farquhar.
    cheers 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No monorail.

I’m out.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you live in Sweden, and your hobby happens to be snow mobiling, and you only need one vehicle to move your snow mobiles to the place where you want to ride them, then that all looks pretty reasonable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My cousins are Canadian, that would be considered packing for a quiet weekend.

Their entire facebook feed consists of:

Kids photos (as usual)
    6 months of permenant blue skys, MX bikes and boats.
    6 months of snowmobiles being launched up massive drifts.

Jealous, me, not at all, honest. I mean who would want to live in a country that makes Scotland look overcrowded with overly restrictive* access laws?

*or rather most of Canada is far enough from anyone or the landowner for anyone to care that youre riding a MX bike without plates or a snowmobile.

scruff9252

Lacking a high vis flag/rag to show where end of the projecting load.

Therefore owner must enjoy decapitating baby robins and unsuspecting drivers. The MONSTER!!!!

benv
    Free Member

5/10. No trailer but has tow bar fitted.

hols2
    Free Member

My cousins are Canadian

I can’t stand Canadians, they’re always so insecure about America, they always pretend they don’t care and they don’t want to be American, but they talk about it so much it’s pretty obvious that they have some really deep issues about it. And they let French people live in their country and don’t make them speak English. Sets a very bad example.

toby1

Parked on the pavement, I’m out.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes Toby1!  i’m amazed it took that long!

Lot’s of other stuff from my grumpy friend but that was #judgement1

willard

Åre? Nice to see it is getting the base down early. All our snow down i Uppsala has gone and huvudstad is an overcast grey depressing place.

I’m beginning to wonder why I put winter tyres on the commuter bike.

pictonroad

Standard in Canada. Usual to have a pick up with a 5th wheel caravan and THEN  a trailer with dirtbikes and snowmobiles.

some national parks such as bits of Algonquin specifically ban double trailers, they’re pretty common.

smokey_jo

Are they 2-stroke engined snow-mobiles?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

The streetlights look way more aesthetically pleasing than ours.

sandwicheater

Parked on the footpath, bumming their dog’s to good for them.

EDIT: Didn’t spot toby1, what he said.

molgrips
    Free Member

That looks like Helsinki.

fasthaggis

Dang,they forgot to put the long load flag on.
    awesome

Marin
    Free Member

I want to play out with them this weekend.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Geotech surveyor’s? Saw loads with set ups like that in Alberta in the winter. Two quads in the summer.

toby1

Yes Toby1! i’m amazed it took that long!

Lot’s of other stuff from my grumpy friend but that was #judgement1

I’m good at grumpy!

Wing-mirrors will be obscured by the wide load and even though it’s a bloody great big Dodge Ram the rear suspension looks close to overloaded, so front ends traction will be reduced. As for what happens if you hit the brakes hard, I’m pretty sure those straps won’t hold if you need to stop quickly 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Parked on the pavement, I’m out.

Parked? I assumed they were driving down the pavement because Wrightyson was coming the other way in the middle of the road😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I can’t stand Canadians, they’re……………..

prone to drinking Miller Light.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

@toby1 you have a talent.

Main moan was about diesel, engines, destroying the very mountains they love, noise, avalanche risk and so on. Then came the safety concerns as toby highlights.

A great deal of grump was exuded about that is a family of snow scooter riders (note the sizes) so the owner of the massive truck is passing on his flippancy over pavement parking /road safety/ the environment to the younger generation.  Plus the scooters are ‘bogan colours’

Still, I was the driver was my dad.  Presuming it is a male owner of course!

fossy

Can I have the truck !

pondo

Parked on a slope without turning the front wheels towards the kerb. Bad.

toby1

@toby1 you have a talent.

Why thank you 🙂

I didn’t realise the Ram even came in a diesel, assumed they were all based on Petrol 5l+ engines!

koldun
    Free Member

Maybe the snowmobiles’ were loaded just to improve rear wheel traction. Safety first 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I didn’t realise the Ram even came in a diesel, assumed they were all based on Petrol 5l+ engines!

5 litres? Hah. try 7.

They do diesels, monstrous V10 jobs that clatter and roar. This is one reason why Americans think diesels are noisy and rough – those things are what most of them think of.

sirromj

Picture is too big I can almost make out what I’m looking at.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Sled heads, funny breed (you did ask for us to be judgmental) truck needs air bag suspension. Approve though as it looks like it’s dads sled next to two kids sleds. I’m sure some forum members will be along to complain that someone may be enjoying themselves while burning hydrocarbons, though.

JAG

I want that whole set-up including the snow and somewhere to ride the Snowmobiles. They are officially ace, almost as good as dirt bikes and mountain bikes :o)

LAT

the most wrong thing with that picture is that the truck is a Ram. For some reason a ram needs an obnoxious exhaust and driven at a minimum of 150% of the speed limit. The only time a ram isn’t breaking the speed limit is if they are tailgating a vehicle, generally not a Ram, that is not breaking the speed limit.

most of Canada is far enough from anyone or the landowner for anyone to care that youre riding a MX bike without plates or a snowmobile.

there a shared use path by the road from town to the residential subdivisions where I live. The sign that lets you know it is shared use shows a snowmobile and a pedestrian. as long as you are at least 14 and wearing a helmet, side by sides, quads, Mx bikes, etc are all allowed to use it. The great thing is, locals are outraged by the changes in the laws that stopped them riding wherever they wanted.

even in the depths of winter when it is light for 6 hours max, there is more sunlight in the Yukon than in London.

LAT

Sled heads, funny breed (you did ask for us to be judgmental)

if they were in the UK they’d be considered to be chavs. Do people still say that? I think the corresponding term in Canada is douche.

hols2
    Free Member

Approve though as it looks like it’s dads sled next to two kids sleds.

Jesus Christ, do they not teach about apostrophes in school anymore?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

think the corresponding term in Canada is douche

It’s hoser innit?
    Wearing a Canuck tuxedo.

Should have a plough on the front.

Snowmobiles or skidoos if you prefer, are a lot of fun in private land. The trails are a bit dull as they are groomed and have low speed limits etc. Very civilised though.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Please be as judgemental as you can, it’s friday’ is closed to new replies.