Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Playful Zesty, what made it so, so i can replicate ?
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve changed it. It certainly wasn’t the case when my mate needed a new carbon rear a few months ago. Had to send it to a repairer in the end.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

wrecker

Sadly, it is. Pretty well documented that Lapierre will not seel parts to non original owners.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lapierre-frame-spares-only-available-to-original-owner

I’m pretty sure people are fudging the difference between replacement parts and warranty replacement parts there.

I’ve got friends who’ve bought replacement stays for 2nd hand zestys.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

You can buy replacement parts for zesty’s on hotlines site can’t you?

jameso

No offence but considering I actually owned one for 6 months, I’d say I’m a bit more qualified to comment on it’s characteristics than someone who hasn’t ridden one.

None taken / totally agree.. I was simply commenting on the more obvious differences in geo or ride position between the 2 bikes the OP mentioned and my experience of bikes that I’d call ‘playful’ and what makes them so, not the detail of one of the bikes in particular. Too short is no good as you say, too long is no good, but how far either way is ‘too far’ is personal.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Just get one of these:

Job done… 😀

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Ooops, I didn’t know us Zesty owners had such a rep.
    I just get on and ride mine and I’ve been having a lot of fun on it for nearly 4 years now. To be honest I don’t have an Audi or spend much time in the car park worrying what other people are thinking or riding.

Secondly, isn’t the whole point of big wheels to flatten out the bumps and pumps – oh, why wouldn’t you want to do that? 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Playful Zesty, what made it so, so i can replicate ?’ is closed to new replies.