Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Play station PS3 12GB
  • diz

Is the 12 GB PLAYSTATION 3 powerful enough to play gran tourism 5 and 6?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Yes…..

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Yes,

BUT

You will probably want a bigger hard drive in it, … easy enough to take one out of your old one ( or buy a new one ) and fit it…

loads of tutorials on you tube

a larger hard drive means you can load more games on so don’t have to over write all the time

iain1775
    Free Member

And GT6 is £29.99 at Amazon today only

Drac

Same machine but small HD which is too small for GT5.

diz

Thank you for the words of wisdom. I will continue the pitfall pathway of looking for one with a higher “GB” on eBay and the STW classifieds.

prettygreenparrot

just buy a drive caddy (<£10 on amazon or ebay) and a SATA HDD of your chosen capacity e.g. 500GB. This replaces the 12GB of ‘hidden’ storage in the PS3.

The whole ‘open the case, mount the drive, install the drive’ process should take less than 15 minutes. Plenty of YouTube video to show you how to slide the end case off the PS3 and do the job.

GeForceJunky

If you are buying new then it might be worth buying one and upgrading. I’m looking for one purely for GT6, but secondhand and the 12GB ones don’t seam substantially cheap enough to justify the upgrade cost. If anybody has a console they would like to sell, email me please.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Think I saw ps3’s advertised for £99 in the Tesco sale….absolute bargain even for use purely as a bluray player

Drac

PS3 12Gb with Battlfield 4 or Fifa 14 for £119 from Argos.

Cradle and Hardrive 500gb from Amazon is £50

So new about in £170.

Cougar

absolute bargain even for use purely as a bluray player

Complete waste of about fifty quid for use solely as a Blu-ray player.

Cougar

So new about in £170.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-3-/151192704893

Struggling to see why anyone would drop just south of two hundred quid on a new PS3 (or 360) these days. Now the nextgens are out, I’m holding off getting one till I can pick one up for about thirty sovs.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

prettygreenparrot – Member

just buy a drive caddy (<£10 on amazon or ebay) and a SATA HDD of your chosen capacity e.g. 500GB. This replaces the 12GB of ‘hidden’ storage in the PS3.

The whole ‘open the case, mount the drive, install the drive’ process should take less than 15 minutes. Plenty of YouTube video to show you how to slide the end case off the PS3 and do the job.

Thanks pgp. I can now sort this out for my daughter. Cheers

Daffy

Cougar

Struggling to see why anyone would drop just south of two hundred quid on a new PS3 (or 360) these days. Now the nextgens are out, I’m holding off getting one till I can pick one up for about thirty sovs.

Because neither of the next gens are backwards compatible, and most new release games aren’t currently available on the new platforms. Hence, you need both!

Drac

I don’t understand either there’s plenty of secondhand bargains out there though for those who want a PS3 but some want a new one.

Hence, you need both!

Why would you need both? Really if you going from scratch then I’d go PS4 if your changing then keep the old one until they release streaming or the speculated backward compatibility Sony have whispered.

diz

The Tesco £99 offer was the reason for the original post. I will wait and pick one up second hand.

Cougar

Because neither of the next gens are backwards compatible, and most new release games aren’t currently available on the new platforms. Hence, you need both!

… which is one of the reasons why I haven’t bought a Xbone / PS4 yet.

However, you miss my point I think. I’m not questioning why anyone would buy a PS3, I quite fancy one myself. I’m questioning why anyone would throw that sort of money at a seven year old console when its replacement is in the shops.

jamesy01
    Free Member

The Tesco £99 offer was the reason for the original post. I will wait and pick one up second hand.

Good job, it would appear they are all sold out 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Our PS3 recently broke. It’s the main source of tele-visual entertainment in our house. Almost everything we and the kids watch is either recorded on Play TV, on Netflix or iPlayer, or a blu-ray or DVD. We also own a lot of small games that the kids regularly dip into and a fair few major titles I haven’t even started. So for £150 or whatever it was, it’s a bargain. When we can afford a new one and I feel like I need one, in a couple of years’ time probably, the second PS3 will end up in the bedroom probably.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Play station PS3 12GB’ is closed to new replies.