Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Play in Fabric Scoop saddle rails where they enter saddle base… normal?
  • sheck

Morning… I have a lovely, comfortable carbon railed shallow Scoop on my best road bike. This weekend I noticed about 1mm play on both rails at the point the rails enter the rear base of the saddle. Not noticed this previously, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t there? There is no creak and the play isn’t noticeable when riding. … the fact both rails move makes me wonder if this is normal?

I’ve got a few big rides planned, and having noticed this, am now paranoid that I should replace? Anyone got one and noticed anything similar?

noltae
    Free Member

I’ve had this type of play – where rails meet the rear of saddle’s base – I put a bit of grease which helped with the creeking – Although you say there’s no noise coming from your Fabric – My other somewhat botched solution has been to hammer in a needle to form a wedge so to speak – this actually worked – I cut the needle down when it was fully driven in . I was always under the impression that the fabric carbon saddles were one piece moulded though and thus there would be no gap where rails meet base . .

sheck

I think their very high end AMP is one piece… the fairly high end one definitely isn’t

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Play in Fabric Scoop saddle rails where they enter saddle base… normal?’ is closed to new replies.