Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Plastic trouser belt that doesn’t slip?
  • kennyp
    Free Member

Wanted, a plastic belt (25 mm width), of the sort you get on hillwalking trousers etc, that doesn’t gradually loosen as the day goes on.

Any recommendations most welcome thanks.

maccruiskeen

Probably wider than you want but helly hensen do a webbing belt that’s so cheap and so good I’ve bought ones for all my holster-pocket work trousers and leave them on when I wash them

probably part of their workwear range ( I bought mine from engineering agencies in Dumfries )

cheap and cheerful but don’t slip even when ive managed to accumlate a couple of kilos of tools, screws and walkie talkie in my pockets by teatime

Murray

The Restrap belt isn’t cheap but it is excellent. The magnetic catch works really well.

https://restrap.co.uk/products/link-magnetic-belt

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

arcteryx conveyor belt works for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Patagucci.

brassneck

I found a Karrimor one in Sports Direct for 1.99 that works perfectly adequately.

Far from stylish, but I have a bad itchy reaction to non precious metals rubbing which can happen with a normal belt unless I’m in work standard all tucked in formality.

colonelwax
    Free Member

“Patagucci.”

Mine’s slipping a bit (it’s 11 years old and wear it pretty much everyday though)

colonelwax
    Free Member

Oh, and it’s not plastic

nedrapier

And the restrap one will reverse your compass and send you to your death over some cliffs.

rickmeister

What about those trews Mrs Kennyp bought you…. the ones from that advert in the Maily Dail….
    The most comfortable slacks ever, beige, elasticated waist, turn ups…. Worther’s Original pedo pellet pocket….

stevextc
    Free Member

The karrimor one gets great reviews…. many from people with Craghoppers trousers.

I keep meaning to buy 1-2 to replace the ones came with my Craghoppers.

bigblackshed

arcteryx conveyor belt works for me.

This.

From here:

https://www.trekitt.co.uk/9380/products/arcteryx-conveyor-belt-black.aspx

matt_outandabout

“Patagucci.”

Mine’s slipping a bit (it’s 11 years old and wear it pretty much everyday though)

Similar here.

matt_outandabout

kennyp
    Free Member

Cheers, will check out a few of those. Definitely has to be non-metallic though. Looking at one I have that does say tight I think it’s partly to do with an extra little plastic bit the belt goes through twice which can be jammed against the main buckle.

Rick, I keep those ones specially for Sunday afternoon trips to the garden centre!

Kuco

I’ve got a couple of 5.11 but they come in at 35mm not sure if they do narrower.

CountZero

35mm, but I’ve yet to find any trousers or shorts they won’t fit, and I’ve been using them for years, these are excellent:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eagle-Creek-All-Terrain-Money-Belt-One-size/372236570779?hash=item56ab07509b:g:G0EAAOSwlxRaX4Aq

The buckle is plastic, snaps closed, and absolutely will not slip, plus there’s a neat little zipped pocket on the back you can slip a couple of folded notes, you never know when ten or twenty quid, or more, might come in handy.

I’ve got a couple with a £20 note stashed away in.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Plastic trouser belt that doesn’t slip?’ is closed to new replies.