Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plastic drinks bottles Q
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

Has anyone found a way of removing the chemical smell? So far it’s withstood several goes in a dishwasher, hot water & soda, and a summer on a sunny windowsill.

scotroutes

What chemicals are you putting in it 😉

wavejumper
    Free Member

vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.
    Fill the bottle, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and shake it, then add 1 tablespoon baking powder then shake it. Now drain and rinse thoroughly.
    Alternatively, fill with water add baking soda and leave overnight. Then add vinegar in the morning. It does foam up though so be careful.

trail_rat
    Free Member

use camelback podiums far superior to cheap crap ones

zilog6128

Camelbak podium +1, best bottles by far, or at the very least something BPA free if you’re re-using it.

matt_outandabout

use camelback podiums any good quality brand – far superior to cheap crap ones

We have camelbak podiums, camelbak better bottles, aladdin clean&clevers and nalgene’s – none of them have a taste or smell.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The 800ml Sis bottles from tesco’s are 3.99 and have no smell or aftertaste and the valve is simple and works really well. Don’t buy any cheap bottles from Sports Direct they are very poor.

ratzer73
    Free Member

Not a chemical smell, but my bottle had a mouldy smell, that no end of washing and rinsing wouldn’t shift. Popped it in the freezer for a hour and the smell was totally gone

PePPeR

Putting plastic bottles in the dishwasher is what tends to make them taste disgusting in the first place!

I’ve stopped putting them in after I realised what was causing the problem.

mrmo
    Free Member

dishwasher isn’t a good idea

paul4stones

Beer.

Edric64
    Free Member

I use dilute bleach to clean mine ,its only what steritabs are but much cheaper

brakes
    Free Member

I can’t recommend putting them in the microwave to sterilize them
    they might be sterile, but they might not survive

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Plastic drinks bottles Q’ is closed to new replies.