Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plastic decking.
  • zippykona

Just come across this stuff for the second time.
    Both instances have been by swimming pools and I was impressed by how grippy it was.
    Our crazy paving needs replacing next year and this stuff is a possible contender.
    Anyone got it, any downsides to it?

sausagefingers
    Free Member

price,it’s bloody expensive.

my mate has it down though and it’s brilliant,if money isn’t a problem then go for it

twoniner
    Free Member

I looked into it on the deck build I’ve just done. It’s approx 3 times the price of wood deck so I canned the idea. OK it’s fit and forget but I like the look of wood and when oiled up it looks great.

zippykona

Any idea of a per sq metre cost?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I build factories for one of the big suppliers.
    Liniar
    Want me to find out some prices?

twoniner
    Free Member

I don’t but I know it depends on what you buy as in grade, colour & non slip etc.

I looked into it about a year ago, you struggle to find prices online so I had to go into a local plastics place. All I know it was 3 times the cost of wood and you get a 10 year guarantee.

One of the best things about it is you can buy in your desired lengths so you dont get the wastage like you would with wood.

andyl
    Free Member

I have to say I am a fan. Came across it at my Aunties holiday home and was amazed by how grippy it was. If it’s 3x the price I would say it’s worth it, especially for steps.

molgrips
    Free Member

Would be handy for building boardwalks on trails too 🙂

zippykona

Wrightyson ,that would be excellent.

TiRed

saw some for the first time at a National Trust property yesterday. When the decking needs replacing, it will be with plastic. Excellent stuff.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Is it made from recycled plastic ? If not think of all the oil to make it no wonder it costs 3 times as much…and just think how uneco friendly it is….trees grown to be cut

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll probably be up there later today so ill have a word with the sales manager.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As a rough guide £45 sq/m
    Obviously loads of extras such as balustrades etc.
    I can get it direct but would probably struggle to liaise between yourself and the manufacturer.
    He’s suggested that most the suppliers/outlets ate on the coast as its geared up for caravans. Hth

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Plastic decking.’ is closed to new replies.