Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Plant based diet – Injury recovery
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have just watched a Netflix American documentary selling the virtues of a plant based diet over meat. Come was ‘save the planet’ but a lot was about it helped your body – lots of blood tests with unintelligible results but all presented as good.

Moving away from my cynicism for the moment, they did appear to show a great increase in reducing inflammatory issues and recovery from injury and surgery.

These are two things that plague me.

Anyone done this?
    Anyone with their experiences?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Interestingly a plant free diet is also touted at reducing inflammation.

You can do anything for a month. Give both a go.

And cbd oil… My dog is off medication for grass allergy after a couple of months on cbd oil. Which is ironic.

chvck
    Free Member

Yes, I mostly follow a whole food plant based diet plus oily fish. The main idea being to reduce saturated fats which are inflammatory and increase polyunsaturated fats which are anti-inflammatory (bit simplified but that’s the gist).

Whether or not it helps me is anyone’s guess but I figure that at worst it just won’t help. There is some population based evidence for this diet, even my neurologist suggested (unprompted) that it’s a good thing to do.

toby1
    aberdeenlune
    Free Member

I’m doing an experiment on that now. Recovering from ORIF surgery on my left scaphoid last Wednesday. So far no swelling and no pain. Could be my plant based diet although I am still consuming dairy products.

Only problem is I can’t compare it to recovery on a non plant based diet. Need a similar test case on a carnivore.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Plant based diet – Injury recovery’ is closed to new replies.