• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by diz.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Planning permission drawings website
  • diz

Can anyone recommend a website that I can produce scale plans on, then print off and submit to the council planning department?

Thanks Diz

munrobiker
    Free Member

Try the software Nanocad. It’s free, and seems sketchy because it’s Russian, but CAD is the way to do this for design. You’ll need to learn how to do it though.

Some councils may even take a hand drawn scale drawing.

footflaps

I’ve always done the worlds most basic boxes/triangles in Power point and submitted that. I just used the basic ruler function to get the scale right.

They don’t need all the fancy graphic details which architects use to justify their fees….

This was my last submission..

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i8Nu6D]Workshop 0[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i8S7hK]Workshop 1[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2i8R2Ke]Workshop 2[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

airvent
    Free Member

You can get a one month trial of Autodesk software including AutoCAD for free with an email address I think. You just end up with a trial watermark but I cant see the planning officer having an issue with that.

leffeboy

again not a website but an app for a device (ipad/phone) but I like Magicplan for doing a good job of scaling the whole thing as you add dimensions. It’s also quite fast to learn but like all of these things it really pays to go through the tutorials rather than just diving in.  Ignore the subscription pricing as they also have the option to pay per property and it’s only 3eur so super cheap.

submarined
    Free Member

As above, what are you using it for? If it’s something simple like tree works or a basic alteration, I’ve submitted scrawlings in MS Paint before with no issues!
    You only need more technical stuff when it needs to be absolutely unambiguous for all parties.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Are you defo sure you need planning ?

I’ve sent in a hand drawn, NOT to scale, plan for build regs application.

Good luck

smokey_jo

I’ve used Sweet Home 3d on Windows – very intuitive – easier to use than Sketchup / CAD for room layouts and the like.

diz

I went to the planning office this morning and they said they required a scale plan of the existing garage and the proposed new garage, the new one will be about 1 metre wider and 3 metres longer with a pitched roof making it above the 2.5 metre height permissible with out planning ( the old one has a slopping roof with max height of 2.4 metres). The new one will also go up to at gutter height next doors boundary. they gave me the planning application forms but was wondering if I could do the drawings myself. I will have a look at all the recommendations above, many thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Planning permission drawings website’ is closed to new replies.