Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Planet X's brexit woes
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

😀

Oddly enough their tri stuff was great a few years ago. Still use it now.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

sq225917 – Member is either

Dave Hinde or
    Ronnie Pickering 😆

mattbee

This thread has had one useful outcome for me, I didn’t realise the Sonder Camino existed and now I do thanks to the link posted above I’m ordering one, far more like what I wanted than the London Road was and I don’t expect the price to drop through the floor for a few hours the day after I pay.
    Alpkit have always been good to deal with too….

hora
    Free Member

“I imagine someone who has built a company from pretty much nothing to being worth 20 million in 20 years probably doesn’t give 2 hoots what this forum says because all in all, its a success.”

Yep. Nothing wrong with that. It’s not criminal to make a profit.

What is annoying is when times are bad at a company they blame something rather than themselves.

Like I said I stopped buying from (Ragley), on one etc firstly due to QC but secondly the way a customer is treated.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

A random challenge for anyone game…

List any one item from the first three days of the 12% sale which equals or beats the sale price from mid summer. 😆

I’ll list a few that are not with their mid summer price IIRC…
    Planet X Bright Ride Hi-Viz Jacket £15
    Knuckleball £35
    El Guapo Corto £20
    WTB Nano £21
    BSC Type 1 £8
    Vittoria Hyper Voyager folding £13
    Smagasboard/ Chunky Monkey £13
    Carbon fatty Fork £89
    Bung for above fork £5

thepodge
    Free Member

Excellent stealth marketing, let’s all go on a website that we’ve largely decided is unethical and look at sale items. That won’t result in any additional sales will it?

While we’re around it let’s look at our pension pot and then compare it to how well arms deals are doing o the stock exchange.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Been toying with the idea of getting a codine 650b for a couple of weeks. After finding out my job is secure for the next 7yrs I thought go for it!
    Was £650 now £899!
    That plus this thread I’ll think I’ll look for something else 🙁

psycorp
    Free Member

For the most part PX/OO have, over the last few years, become their own worst enemy and I don’t have a lot of sympathy for them.

dovebiker

People confusing turnover as the basis for ‘value’ when the business value is based on earnings, so based on £100k earnings, and a earnings multiple of 5 then I’d say they’re worth £500k or 1/40th of what others are saying. There’s certainly not much goodwill to speak of, aparts from some cr@p brands and shoddy reputation. Might even be less, given their exposure to foreign currency valuations and restructuring costs…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

oh and whilst we’re playing price spotter I just looked at the Fatty carbon fork which was posted in one of the fatbike threads I’ve been following as it was selling for £90, to be paired with a £55 Fatty front wheel. Since the sale kicked in the fork is £130 and the wheel £70.

So,

That won’t result in any additional sales will it?

no, it probably won’t!

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Planet X's brexit woes’ is closed to new replies.