Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Planet X Tempest sizing
  • Mounty_73

I currently ride a 56cm Cube Nuroad, but I have been looking at the PLANET X TEMPEST bike, but I’m not sure about buying something online without trying it for size first.

I am about 5ft 10ins with an inside leg of just over 33ins, so looking at the size chart I am stuck in between the Medium and Large.

Does anyone have the Tempest or can give some advice on the sizing for the Planet X bikes please?

silasgreenback

Dont have a tempest but i do have a london road. 6’1 with 34 inside leg and ride XL. Feels pretty stretched and whereas i’d normally run a 100mm stem 80-90 does for the london road. Other than that it’s spot on for me.

Got a mate rides another planet x – cant remember the model. But, similar build to me. Riding a large and finds it cramped.

Check out geometry geeks for their geo comparisons. You can choose bikes to compare and I know the tempest is on there cos i’m looking at the same bike…in XL!

I can generally ride a 56 or 58 or large depending on brand and geometry

garfy117
    Free Member

5 11 with a 32 inside leg, large tempest fits perfectly.

Hoff

I’m 5’10” with a 32″ inside leg & ride a medium. Also fitted a 90mm stem

escrs
    Free Member

Im 5ft 10in with a 32in inside leg on a medium Tempest with a 90mm stem

Mounty_73

Cheers for that guys, I still cant decide on the size and I think the offer ends this month 🙁

iamjohn
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and just ordered a large Tempest based off their geometry chart. It’s due to arrive in about a week and hopefully it’ll be spot on but I’ve an eye on a shorter stem if need be.

duckman

I am 6″2″ with a 34 inside leg and on an XL, the actual tt measurement is about 10mm short from the chart on the site.

silasgreenback

Doesnt the size guide recommend cl for 5’11”plus anyway?

The chap i ride with found the same as you with actual being a little shorter. But 10mm – can sort that with a stem change easy enough.

prettygreenparrot

177cm tall, 32” inside leg. I have a medium tempest. It’s fine in terms of reach. Like most ‘steep’ bikes my shoes catch on the mudguards when turning tightly. But that’s with flats, not SPDs. I’d have liked a lower top tube, but flat rather than sloping seems to be the gravel style. Plenty of room for bottles and cages though.

neila

5’11” and 32″ inside leg and i have a V3 in Large. I find it just about spot on with a 100mm stem.

MrSparkle

5’9 (and a half!)”
    32” inside leg (popular size!)
    Stock stem – whatever length that is
    Medium Tempest
    Fits me (or maybe vice versa) luvverly.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Tempest sizing’ is closed to new replies.