Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Planet x stealth frames
  • Edric64
    Free Member

I`m looking at buying a Planet x Stealth timetrial frame in xl .Does anyone know what the centre to top seat tube measurement is ? Being told xl will fit doesnt help with legs the length of mine!!

karnali
    Free Member

is it not on geo page on planet x they are down to 299 as well today

Edric64
    Free Member

I saw the price hence the interest .It gives a height range which I fall into ,im 6ft 4 but I have really long legs and ideally would like the frame to be at least 62 cm centre to top.

Edric64
    Free Member

Im looking for a seat rail to bottom bracket centre height of 86cm and im worried that the aero post wont be long enough

brant
    Free Member

Let me see what I can find out Edric. I think we’ve had some big lads on there but 86cm sound a lot. I’m 6’2″ but only have 805mm!

brant
    Free Member

XL is 57cm centre to top. It’s not big enough. Sorry.

Edric64
    Free Member

Thats tiny ! why dont you do frames for adults ? 😆

brant
    Free Member

Figures from the great bikefitter Chris Last…

Frame is 575mm centre to top. 300mm of seatpost gets you to 875mm, then 50mm for your saddle so a max of 925mm from BB centre to saddle top.

SO IT SHOULD FIT!

Bit of a drop to the headtube, but a high rise stem would fix that.

Edric64
    Free Member

Cheers Brant !

jezzer

If its any help I’m 6’5″ and wear a 36″ leg jean – and the XL Stealth fits me just fine – in fact thanks to Andy @ Bike Science in Bristol I’ve got a great fit and position. The only thing he changed from standard was the stem – which is what Brant said above

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone got a medium or a large? 6ft and about a 33″ inside leg here so could me medium or large based on the sizing chart. Tempted to go medium.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i have a large at 6ft 3 – with a 34 inch inside leg Fits like a glove.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks trail_rat, that makes me think medium would be about right. Anyone know how long a seatpost they come with? I’d need a good 30cm exposed on the medium.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its not so much the height that the issue …. its the length- i run an unconventionally short stem on my large due to short torso.

i suspect if you went to a large youd struggle with the length.

richardk
    Free Member

Mr Blobby, I’m roughly same height as you with 34″ inside leg and I’ve got a large which fits me really well.

If you are close to Glos/Wilts you’re welcome to come and try.

The bike could be up for sale if anyone is interested…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Richardk, thanks. I have many of the components already, just need a frame really. Though if the price is right I could be tempted 🙂

richardk
    Free Member

Drop me an email to the address in my profile with your details, and I’ll let you know price, and send some photos.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im looking for wheels and bar set up if you are willing to split 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

richardk, email on its way.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh bugger, my impatience got the better of me and I’ve gone and ordered the medium. Hopefully will not be too short.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone else get one of these? Should be turning up tomorrow and just planning my build. Anyone know if the headtube and BB will need facing? This may be a stupid question seeing as it’s a carbon frame but assume there is some sort of metal thread for the BB at least.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Planet x stealth frames’ is closed to new replies.