Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Planet X Jobsworth Airshot-alike
  • Cheezpleez

Anyone used the Jobsworth pump.

Any good?

hooli

Got to be worth a go at that price?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Got similar branded Barbieri, as well from PX.

Good pump, but tank, despite high pressure too small IMO. Some tight sitting tyres OK with, but bigger and more loose just do not have enough ompf…

In the end I would look elsewhere…

Cheers!
    I.

retro83
    Free Member

I saw these too, but I reckon the chamber will be a bit small. Don’t want to fall into my usual ‘buy-cheap-buy-twice’ trap.
    I was probably going to just get an Airshot instead unless anybody has a better suggestion around the £50 mark?

hatter

milKit booster? Cheaper than airshot, more portable and they seem to have got over thier initial QC issues.

TiRed

Airshot. Innovation deserves its own reward. Mine’s been flawless. The only improvement I would make is a small strap on the neoprene cover to wrap around my track pump. I don’t know anyone who’s been dissatisfied.

cokie

I’ve tried various stuff, but the Airshot is fantastic.
    I thought I was bit mad when I bought it but from first use I instantly reveled in my purchase.

tlr

Planet X – Crap QC and high pressures, what could possibly go wrong….?

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Ermmm… Maybe nothing?

Mine is with me probably 15 months or so. Pumped it to max recommended pressure more than several times and believe it or not, nothing exploded.

I get it, PX got not exactly favourable press here, but some people are giving them stick only because it is PX…

Cheers!
    I.

Cheezpleez

Yeah, I’m a little worried it doesn’t have enough tank capacity. I need something to work on 29+ and fat bike tyres. Been using an adapted garden sprayer for a few years but that’s finally sprung a leak. I think I’ll either go for an Airshot or adapt a fire extinguisher.

Thanks all.

simono5

I have one, and it’s brill for what I made. Really good quality IMO.

I’m inflating 2.3 27.5 and do have to take the valve core out.

So whether it’ll do 29+ and Fat Bikes I can’t comment.

plus-one
    zippykona

I bought a Bontrager one . As a pump it’s not as good as a non tank one. So I have now have 2 big pumps cluttering up my shed.

I would go airshot if I was in your position.

orangespyderman

I bought an airshot ages ago, and at first I thought it was a bit lavish, and then all sorts of other similar products came along, and pumps with a tank and the like, and at one point I felt I probably could have got something better or cheaper or possibly both… However, the Airshot has never once failed me, though, and is well made. Agree that some velcro straps on the neoprene cover would be a good addition, but I suspect I could get them added for very little money.

With hindsight, and seeing a lot of alternatives that weren’t around when I got the airshot, I’d still get an airshot. It’s a great tool for doing one thing and doing it very well. Sometimes that’s a good thing.

CheesybeanZ

Ghetto fire extinguisher.

RicB
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Very happy with mine but haven’t used any other. Got it for £35. Need to get rid of my compressor.

joebristol

I had cheapie airwave tank/pump
    Combo from CRC and it died after 18 months. Got a full refund as it had a 2 year warranty. I bought an airshot instead and haven’t looked back. Wouldn’t do anything else but airshot given my time again. Got a decent Lezyne pump to pair with it.

Airshot literally never fails to mount a tyre on the rim – usually with 1 hit. Occasionally with 2 on a difficult tyre.

The airwave was ok but often needed 2 goes and ultimately failed to get a 2.3 aggressor exo on a DT Swiss rim. Had 6 goes and then the seal went pop inside the pump. Airshot did it in 1.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Jobsworth Airshot-alike’ is closed to new replies.