Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Planet X Helmet issue
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Just a minor thing really, but I bought one of those helmets with the built in rear light, more for the freebie front light on offer than for the helmet itself. Tried affixing the visor this morning and it’s just too small – the lugs go in one side of the helmet, popping nicely into the corresponding holes but there’s just no way on earth the other side can be made to stretch far enough to fit.

I didn’t use a rock but I did push the helmet against the kitchen table and now the helmet looks like it’s been hit by a tank. Not confidence inspiring…

The free Jobsworth light is ace though!

Anyone else had the same issue?

nuke

It was a fight and i had to dig out the holes of polystyrene before fitting but the visor went on ok & can’t say ive noticed that its out of kilter.

On a side note, its the ‘softest’ helmet ive had… probably explains why its seems light for its size

user-removed
    Free Member

Dude, you did it wrong – you just push the nodules on the visor against the plugs in the helmet and the plugs disappear into the body of the helmet.

user-removed
    Free Member

Or maybe I did it wrong?!

easily
    Free Member

I also got the helmet as Planet X have stopped selling those lights. The light is great.

I struggled a bit with the visor, but it went in eventually. My method was to sit on a chair with the helmet gripped between my legs, then get the side lugs in, then manipulate the push in the top lug last.
    It did take a while, and I’m never going to remove the visor in case I cannot get it back on again.

user-removed
    Free Member

Good to know it can be done because I don’t think they’ll take the helmet back in its current condition (assuming you could ever get a robot to talk to you on their chat thing which is an abyss of black nothingness and the only way to get in touch).

Superglue is the way forward I suspect.

drnosh
    Free Member

I thought that the peak should detatch itself when in an accident.

The thinking behind that is the peak could present edges that could get caught during the impact and give leverage to the helmet thereby affecting the neck.

Have just looked at my helmets and the peaks are attached by velco dots and are easy to remove.

So a peak that is such a tight fit, or resorting to superglue would just defeat the objective.

easily
    Free Member

I reckon any sharp tap would dislodge the peak, possibly sending it spinning off into the distance.

steamiewindaes
    Free Member

I had same issues as well, however I put the middle lug in first then done one of the sides then the other without too much faffing about. Just to say I like the helmet and the free light (which is great) is always a bonus.

doomanic

I had the same issue but manned up and got it fitted by swearing at it. A lot.

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers for confirming it’s not just me… In the end, I went for clamps, superglue and eventually, also the swearing method. It’s now under so much tension that I suspect it’ll pop off at the first breath of wind and probably lodge itself in my eyes / trachea. So no worries about rotational neck injuries.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Planet X Helmet issue’ is closed to new replies.