Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plan my honeymoon – including TDF content
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

Heading off to the south of France in July for our honeymoon. Heading for Marseille, then west along the coast, before heading in to the Pyrenees to see the end of stage 12 at Plateau de Beille. We may then head up towards Monde in the Massif central for finish of 14 and start of 15.

Has anyone got suggestions for the logistics of watching the final climb up to Plateau de Beille? Is it easy enough to hitch a lift, or will there be buses? Or will we have to cycle up?

We’re may stay at Ax-les-thermes, which seems well set up for biking as well. Any suggestions for accommodation?

Is the Massif central good for gentle cycling, ie not too strenuous for us newly weds.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Anyone?

Going to drive now, having scrapped plan to get sleeper trains etc.

timb34
    Free Member

Plateau de Beille is a dead end road up to a XC ski station – it’ll be closed to traffic for at least a few hours before and after the race goes up. To be on the roadside you either need to get there a few DAYS before the race in your campervan, or cycle up early.

It’ll be busy (and it’s steep). No idea about hitching but I imagine that most vehicles going up will be team buses and official cars.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Plan my honeymoon – including TDF content’ is closed to new replies.