Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • places to stay in NYC
  • johnny_met
    Free Member

I’m going to NYC next month and am looking for some recommendations on where to stay. Somewhere affordable is key. Thanks.

BillMC

Try AirBnB, I’ve used it twice and stayed in great locations for much less than hotel prices. My preferred area is Greenwhich Village, around Bleecker, West 4th, Jones St.

Mackem

Hotel Pennysylvania – opposite madison square garde. Basic, but dirt cheap.

somouk
    Free Member

A lot of the guys from my work use a hostel just north of Central Park. Never had any problems there.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

describe affordable maybe?

johnny_met
    Free Member

Ideally somewhere that is a nice, safe and clean place to sleep that provides good value for money. Not fussed about any 5* luxuries as it will only be a base/place to sleep.

Lifer
    Free Member

I had a few days in the Vandebilt YMCA Hostel a few years ago, was around (cheap) Travelodge price and quality. Good location too, halfway between Central Park and Grenwich Village.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

We stayed in an AirBnB appartment, literally round the corner from the Empire State building. It was basic and cheap and suited us for 2 nights. We had the whole apartment as moved out for the weekend. It might be more interesting to share a place with a local NY’er and get them to show you round too? Couchsurfing?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Pod 51–great location for the price

jezabel
    Free Member

The Wellington Hotel on 7th Avenue was reasonable. Great location to go sight seeing 🙂

johnny_met
    Free Member

Cool, plenty to have a look at. Keep em coming…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘places to stay in NYC’ is closed to new replies.