Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Places to Stay in Ambleside
  • Duggan

Hi

I realise this is probably asked a lot and I did do a quick search. Does anyone have any reccomendations for nice places to stay in Ambleside? Something along the lines of a cottage or similar for two people.

Never been to the Lakes before so pretty in the dark really. Doesn’t have to be bike specific as I won’t be taking the bike.

Or even somewhere similar in the Lakes that is a bit less well known or cheaper could be helpful.

Any replies appreciated.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    iainc

here

we stayed in Appletree cottage at Easter. lovely inside although not much from outside. A bit tight for us with 2 kids and teh bikes but would be perfect for 2

samuri
    Free Member

But fully booked for ever!
    I have literally just booked a couple of rooms here.
    http://www.lyndale-guesthouse.co.uk/

I’ll know what it’s like by next Thursday.

Duggan

Cheers guys all of those suggestions are spot-on. Will fire off some emails tomorrow morning and check availability etc.

lowey

Years ago Me and the Ex booked into the Churchill. We got pissed with all the local kids, spent all night dancing, then had filthy sex till 11am, missed breakfast, and repeated the next night.

Probably not helpful, but everytime I see an “Ambleside accommodation” thread it makes me smile…

Esme
    Free Member

Duggan, what dates are you looking at? If September, then email me (in profile). I may have just what you’re after!

crispo
    Free Member

Drunken Duck just outside of Ambleside is fantastic. Took the mrs there a few weeks ago and thought it was great, really good restaurant and pub on site with its own brewery.

http://www.drunkenduckinn.co.uk/index.htm

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Look at the Heart of the Lakes website-we got a lovely well equiped & clean flat for a week on the site of the old Kirkstone foot Hotel-They have built a complex of holiday homes on the site-literally 3 minutes walk to the centre of Ambleside.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Places to Stay in Ambleside’ is closed to new replies.