Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Place(s) to stay … Dyfi, Antur, Revs
  • stevextc
    Free Member

So taking a half term trip with the kid and his mate.

We are booked into Dyfi Wed… his mate hasn’t ridden Revs so we want to do that which means Fri (as its not open Thurs)… meaning if we also do Antur we need to go Thur…

I don’t want to be putting up tents in different places in the dark at the end of October … so looking for options and places to stay for 2 adults and 2 10yr olds… (i.e. probably not a noisy pub)

chiefgrooveguru

We’ve stayed in a log cabin up there – there’s a whole park of them! Can’t remember the details but I’m sure google will find it.

stevextc
    Free Member

@chiefgrooveguru …. near Revs, Antur or Dyfi ???

chiefgrooveguru

I think it’s this place: http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk/

So halfway between Antur and Dyfi and a bit further west of Revs.

stevextc
    Free Member

Looks pretty good… cheers.

mark88

Another +1 for the log cabins. Well priced and decent enough.

Oakley Arms is very good, I’ve used their self catered cottages. Decent accommodation and food in the pub is decent.

Whatever you do, don’t bother with Sykes Cottages. They cancelled our booking 48 hours before our arrival (by email, no phone call) because the property needed maintenance and expected us to pay an additional £200 night to upgrade. Terrible company to deal with.

tenburner

Torrent Walk bunkhouse in Dolgellau is decent if a little further away. Warm bunkhouse, decent shower block etc

beiciwr64
    Free Member

I suggest that Bala would be central for all venues, if you know the roads.
    Revs from Bala 30 mins B4391
    Antur from Bala 40 mins A4212,B4391,A470
    Dyfi from Bala 40 mins A494,B4416,A470,A487

https://tybeic.com

tybeic

That’s why I’m here! 40 mins max from lots of great trails, there’s even a bike track in the field in front of the cottages. I used to be a Singletrack Premier Partner so would offer discounts to subscribers. Happy to do so if you mention this thread
    Karen @ Ty Beic

richardkennerley

We did an airBnB in dolgellau earlier this year, it was an awesome place to stay for a few days. Be worth rooting through thre to see if there’s anything that suits

stevextc
    Free Member

Well, that was AWESOME ….(wet and muddy but awesome)

Cottages worked out great and we ended up going to FOD on Saturday

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Place(s) to stay … Dyfi, Antur, Revs’ is closed to new replies.