Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Places to ride near Machynlleth
  • Premier Icon leeroysilk
    Free Member

I’m in Machynlleth for 2 days this coming Thursday an Friday and looking for places to ride a full-sus.
    Had planned to ride Dyfi Bike Park but no uplift on those days.
    Any suggestions of other places to ride? Dyfi Forest, Coed-y-Brennin etc. Appreciate any suggestions.

Premier Icon molgrips
    Free Member

Everywhere

Premier Icon chakaping

Erm, perhaps more helpfully…

If you use Trailforks you can head out on the CliMachx trail at Dyfi and explore the many off-piste sections before finishing on the long final descent. Easy to clock up 1,500m ascent in 30km-odd doing that.

It’s quite a unique kind of riding there IMO. Not my absolute favourite, but with some very good bits and certainly a bit different.

Premier Icon Trimix

You are close to Cadir Idris, so give that a go. Probably about 90% ridable up and mostly ridable down. Makes a good natural challange with great views (if its not foggy / raining)

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

I’m in Machynlleth for 2 days this coming Thursday an Friday and looking for places to ride a full-sus.

Me to …. except from Wednesday.
    We’d planned to drop the sprogs off at Dyfi for coaching on Wed but then need somewhere to ride we can get back top pick them up…. Then thinking of Antur Thur and Revs Friday before driving South for Saturday…

Premier Icon chrisdw
    Free Member

Everywhere is about right. Pick a direction. Look on trailforks and go for it. There’s so much down there. Have a look at Bike Corris for guiding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.