Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Places to ride in West Yorkshire
  • mobypaterson
    Free Member

Evening all !

Just registered and thought I’d say hi . . . “HI!”

I’ve just ordered a Pitch Pro to get myself back into biking, also have booked myself some tickets to France in the summer for a wee trip to Les Gets. Looking forward to it all!

This weekend I thought I’d take the new steed out for a bit but it’s still freezing cold outside and everything is covered in snow which is just my luck really . . .

Normally I would take a trip up to Pickering and head into Dalby but by the looks of the website all the trails are closed and/or covered in ice, mud and ming!
    I’ve also been over Nidderdale way before and the riding up there was superb but it was fairly high and I’m pretty sure it’ll be snow covered and I’ll end up needing rescued by helicopter or something equally embarrassing.

So any other recommendations from anyone that lives in this area?

“HI!”

Richyb
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

hello and welcome!

There’s lots of routes around Todmorden too. Also,have a ride over to Lee Quarry in Bacup/Rawtenstall for a play.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Head to Calderdale and just ride. Although there is a fair bit of snow and ice around still. If you’re unfamiliar with the area, pop into Blazing Saddles in Hebden Bridge and ask for them to show you a route and the map will come out…

I live in Halifax and usually ride from my doorstep – still discovering new trails on almost every ride after 5 years in the area. I consider myself HUGELY lucky to live where and do…

ton

mobypaterson
    where in west yorkshire are you matey.

robdob
    Free Member

I’m in West Yorkshire and I have a Pitch Pro. Hmmmm.

Are you actually me? 😉

Seriously, where are you? There’s a bunch of slackers in Huddersfield who have all the gear and generally no idea and we like rides around Holme valley, Holmfirth and dark peak area. I am one of them and you are welcome to come along as soon as we can tear ourselves away from the tea and cake. Tally Ho!

robdob
    Free Member

Give me an email on rcatkinATgooglemailDOTcom if you want! (obviously change the AT and DOT to @ and . – it’s to stop spam apparantely!)

hora
    Free Member

Hebden/Calderdale is the North Downs of the north.

robdob
    Free Member

They are all a bit serious round HB if you ask me. Mind you, it has some serious hills round there too. Much more jolly round my end. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’d avoid Todmorden otherwise you might end up marrying and spoiling the genepool?

robdob
    Free Member

Well it is Lancashire. 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Serious around HB? I’ve never been out on a serious ride with any serious people from HB! And that includes a load of the people on this forum!

ton

i have never been on a serious ride period.
    riding should be fun not serious. 8)

hora
    Free Member

HB lot are crackers, relaxed, open, crackers, very friendly and crackers. I wouldnt describe them as serious. Not unless Im missing something.

robdob
    Free Member

Going fast uphill is serious to me. I’m a bit of a plodder TBH.

robdob
    Free Member

Sometimes it has been known for one of our group to put a rack and pannier on so we can take a big flask of tea and generous amounts of snacks and cake.

Can’t happen now we all have full suss bikes. 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

HB serious??? You ain`t ridden with us lot from Blazin Saddles have you? its more about the social than the riding, you need a thick skin though, ask Hora!!!
    Your welcome anytime, regular rides weds night, sometimes wkends too, just ask at the shop for details. We were out last night over Walsden / Hollingworth Lake area, a great ride with lots of slippy ice for comedy moments. 😀

robdob
    Free Member

I don’t have any lights. 🙁

I can’t do Wednesday nights anyway. Why do night rides tend to be on a Wednesday most places? 🙁

Weekend rides are always on a Sunday and I can’t make one until 2pm which is frustrating. Saturdays for me!!

hora
    Free Member

Yes everytime we stop I take the opportunity to relieve myself and these lot rip into me. Everytime, not just once!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I used to take a flask of tea with me when I went downhilling in my younger days. Big rucksack with flask of tea and sarnies. Didn’t quite fit in with ‘the image’. I ride XC now with a sack of Haribo and a hip flask.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Its also the constant clothes changing, its like clothes show live!!! 😀

Robdob, there are some rides on a saturday now & again, ask at the shop.

hora
    Free Member

oh yes…and that. For some reason I always wear 50tops when I come out with you lot. I guess so I can have a new outfit for every downhill 8)

mobypaterson, you should go out for a ride with the HB lot. If only as a one-off. I cant ride for toffee and some of them can ride for alot of toffee. No one cares though.

mobypaterson
    Free Member

Hey guys

I’m in Leeds if that’s help. Was gonna try and get out this weekend but God-damnit it’s started snowing again!

Cheers for the invite folks I’ll get in touch soon

johnhoo
    Free Member

http://www.northleedsmtb.com

there are links to our (nearly dead) forum and the North Leeds ride forum on BikeMagic

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Places to ride in West Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.