Places to ride and date ideas in/near Nottingham…??

Home Forum Chat Forum Places to ride and date ideas in/near Nottingham…??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Places to ride and date ideas in/near Nottingham…??
  • Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

Woollaton Hall just outside the city is nice.
    Newstead Abbey, N of the city, you can ride out on Route 6.

For riding, there’s some great stuff to the North of the city, go to Bestwood Country Park, Burntstump Country Park, Sansom Wood Foxcovert Plantation.

HTH, APF

Edukator

Bouldering under Trent Bridge, that’s where I used to take my girlfriend.

anus

So I am going up this weekend to visit my brother (he doesnt get out much so is not much help here…)

I am taking my MTB and would like to go on a decent ride somewhere one day, happy to drive to the peaks as long as its not hours and hours away! Any suggestions?

I will also be entertaining a female friend one of the days and was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest any cool places to go, she lives there so something thats not the usual attractions, maybe out of the city a little bit. Has previously mentioned going to ‘stereotypical’ english countryside (shes not from round these parts) so any suggestions accessible from Nottingham?

Sure thats a bit vague but maybe that might get some better suggestions…?

thanks in advance!

anus

anyone else?

wrightyson

Head over to ambergate, 20/30 mins drive from notts for a good two hrs worth of riding if you can tag onto a ride for some pointers.

tacopowell

The Hand & Heart on derby road (in the city) does the best Sunday roasts you’ll likely to come across! Proper pub that utilises one of the thousands of caves Nottingham has to offer and a funny piano playing man!

You could perhaps get some romantic cross country riding through the meadows

Premier Icon alexpalacefan
    Subscriber

+1 for Hand & Heart

Kayal in Hockley (Broad St) is great for So. Indian food

APF

ChrisA

If you want to stay local, maybe have a run over to Southwell, it’s not far and is a nice place with some great pubs or cafe’s. la provincial is really excellent for food or go down to gunthorpe for a wander along the river and a drink / lunch in Tom Browns.

Alternatively:

Clumber Park & take a picnic
    go ape at sherwood pines
    Rutland water
    Chatsworth
    Matlock isn’t too far away with plenty to do.
    Hardwick & Hardwick Inn
    Walk along Curber Edge to the grouse for lunch
    Wollaton Park

Depends what you want really. If you want to stay in the city there is plenty to do – Nottingham castle, the caves, lace market, contemporary arts, etc.

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

If she wants stereotypical English countryside and you’re happy to drive to the Peak District, you could do worse than heading to Dovedale. Beautiful (easy) walks, stepping stones and one of the prettiest village in the Peaks (Ilam). 45 mins from Nottingham. Nearby Ashbourne is a nice little town, especially if you like browsing antique shops. I’m sure there must be good stuff nearer though.

Premier Icon parkesie
    Subscriber

Anything on at donnington park?

anus

Guys, that is exactly the sort of answer i was after, many thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Places to ride and date ideas in/near Nottingham…??’ is closed to new replies.