• This topic has 108 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • PJs / Jim Jams /Lounge pants 🙄correct time of day ?
  • oldfart

I’ve learnt recently I’m out of kilter with quite a few people I know . They seem to think it’s ok to loaf around the house at 5 in the afternoon in the above 🤔 Me I think bed attire is for bed time but apparently if you’ve been out all day it’s perfectly ok to come home and change into jammies???? I blame the trend for ” lounge pants ” myself 🙄 So far no one agrees then I got on to the subject of trackie bottoms with elasticated waistbands only being worn because certain people couldn’t fit into trousers/jeans etc that didn’t have any ” give” 😉😉😉
    I know it’s none of my business what other people do in their own homes but I was asked the question is 4 in the afternoon too early for Jim jams 🤔

tjagain

Never. NO gentleman wears pyjamas!

scotroutes

I do own pyjamas. They’re in a drawer in case I’m admitted to hospital. The “trousers” are actually shorts though.

Kryton57

5?  I work from home in lounge wear and change into it at any opportunity.   I’m wearing blue tartan m&s pj bottoms and a Crew polo shirt as I type…

Im being comfortable on my own home who GAS what anyone else thinks.

MoreCashThanDash

PJs at bedtime – only exception is if I have a shower after a nightride and only have an hour till I go to bed.

Generally lounging around the house – trackie bottoms. Comfy for doing physio or general stretching, and for post tea beer and crisp binges to avoid the embarrassing belt loosening thing

donald
    Free Member

Ron Hills are OK though 🙂

binners

My mate Sy used to come home from work and immediately put on a tatty old pair of tracky bottoms. They were referred to by all of us as ‘the piss pants’ as we all reckoned that the stale piss, along with a selection of other interesting stains, were all that was holding them together.

As someone who works from home a lot of the time, I’m probably not the best person to ask about appropriate levels of attire during the day 😂

Drac

Smoking jacket is it TJ?

funkmasterp

Seriously, wear what you want in your own house. Naked is the only way to sleep, but I wear vest and shorts or vest and pyjama bottoms around the house. Why would you get dressed properly if you’re just dossing about inside?

I’m sure some of you on here are trapped in the 1950’s

fasthaggis

I am lucky,my butler leaves all my clothes for the day,arranged in the correct order.
    I still sometimes miss mummy,she was so good at telling me what to wear.

binners

dudeofdoom

I like onepiece.com er jumpsuits for working from home tbh 🙂

matt_outandabout

It’s but a small step to this…

null

rogermoore

The want is strong…

RM.

kayak23

My gf keeps going on about wanting me in pyjamas. Luckily I have some self-respect left so have declined thus far.

matt_outandabout

My gf keeps going on about wanting me in pyjamas. Luckily I have some self-respect left so have declined thus far.

So many ways to take this….

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If I run or cycle home from work, get in soaked, have a shower, why would I put clothes on? I’m not going back out again?.

Lounge pants FTW.

TJ, nae wonder you’re such a grumpy bastard! 🤣🤣🤣

kayak23

So many ways to take this….

I take it as, I stopped wearing the things at about ten years old or so… 😂

tthew

@rogermoore, that’s just your old Moonraker wardrobe! 😁

bigginge

As soon as Ms ginge knows she’s not going back out she’s happy to get changed, even if it’s only lunch time.

I’m the exact opposite and will stay in the same, proper, clothes from getting up to going back to bed most days.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m also in the “have PJs in case of hospitalisation” camp, but I do change into comfy trews & a hoody when I get in from work – which will be suitable for popping out to the garage to tinker with bike bits, taking the bins out or whatever.

@rogermoore, that’s just your old Moonraker wardrobe!

This forum needs a “like” function soooo badly.

tjagain

Nightshirt Drac.

scotroutes

I can certainly see the point of changing into PJs early if you have some physical disability that makes getting changed a lot of effort. Thankfully, slipping on a pair of shorts and a t shirt doesn’t yet leave me gasping for breath or reaching for the Naproxen.

Flaperon

I’m sure some of you on here are trapped in the 1950’s

I agree. Who gives a toss what you wear in your own house?

bedmaker

In from work, grubby trousers off and into the Ronhills – for , er, physio and stretching 😎
    I’ll get a loved one to buy me pyjamas if, and when I get hospitalised.

nickc

TJ relaxing at home with friend discussing the louchness of youth and their De Nimes affectations

Image result for old man in dinner jacket

marksnook
    Free Member

My clothes are pretty comfy so I just don’t see the sense in wearing anything else around the house. Jeans and a T-shirt generally from getting up to going to bed. Have never owned pyjamas except maybe in infant hood!
    Wife will change into pyjama type stuff for lounging around at every opportunity though

munrobiker
    Free Member

I do wear pyjamas to bed, but I am out of them within fifteen minutes of waking up and put them on within five minutes of going back to bed. I have some self respect.

My wife comes home and changes into house clothes- some summer trousers with an elasticated waist, a long sleeve t shirt and a disgusting wooly jumper that looks like it’s been pulled out of a pond.

I don’t get the need to wear special clothes round the house, especially tracky bottoms (I’ve never owned a set- I don’t tend to feel like stealing anything from the back of a lorry so they don’t suit my style). I just wear my normal clothes.

somafunk

Never owned pyjamas as an adult nor a dressing gown but i’ll admit to only owning three pairs of trousers/bottoms. Showers pass track pants which i pretty much live in, north face sweat pants and urban armour sweat pants. I don’t own any other trousers at all (i used to but gave them to charity shop last year) but then again i do have secondary progressive MS so whatever i wear these days has to be easy for me to get on and easy to get off whilst being as comfortable as possible. I figure i can get away with my 3 choices of leg wear these days, only got 4 or 5 tops i wear along with 3 pairs of trainers – my entire wardrobe could fit in a small rucksack.😀

Keep it simple is my philosophy these days and if anyone objects despite my explanation (like they did in a restaurant last month) then they get told to **** right off, wear whatever you want whenever you like as what others think is immaterial

chakaping
    Free Member

Some Singletrack forumites, pictured yesterday…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

🤣

v8ninety

When not working I’ll wear jeans (😱apparently my first faux pas) during the day, then after the kids are in bed and the evening jobs are done I’ll usually change into jogger type bottoms, as they are comfier for snuggling on the sofa for the evening. Then naked for bed, obvs 🙄. Other half has the same sort of routine, including nakedness, pleasingly; which in my (admittedly fairly limited) experience, is quite unusual for women, I’ve found.

scotroutes

my entire wardrobe could fit in a small rucksack

I know your type though. I bet you have a dozen rucksacks of various sizes!  🙂

footflaps

Since being made redundant I get up around 11am, change into lounge pants and earn my job seekers allowance watching a range of day time TV shows. Around 5pm I get changed into an untucked short, selvedge denim* and some Vans ready to blend in at the local Weatherspoons, where I spend my JSA on happy hours bargain drinks. It’s a tough life, but someone has to be prepared to put the hard graft in.

* belt under the leather patch so everyone can see the make.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is any topic safe from the try hards?

sirromj

I only do so called “comfy” clothes, pyjamas and their ilk, when feeling poorly. Not a fan of sofas much either.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I own lounge pants, and I pair them with a cashmere jumper (I have several house cashmeres for this purpose) then if I’m feeling really loungey, a robe on top.

DIGAF if this makes me less of a man? No I do not!

I either run home, or walk the long way round, so after a shower as above, I’m not going to get dressed again.

Not a fan of sofas much either

You should see my new one, it’s a beaut.

somafunk

scotroutes : Ha-ha 😄, yeah so true, I used to have loads n’ loads of nice kit n’ things but over the past 3 years as things have went downhill I’ve pared my life down to the bare minimum (Got rid of all my shit basically) and it’s a relief. Only big stuff left is my mk2 golf 16v and all tools/mechanical stuff up the workshop left, an old mate is coming to look at that tmorn then my entire worldly goods could fit in a vw caddy.

v8ninety

Not a fan of sofas much either.

I guess it depends on who you’re looking at sitting on the sofa with…

bsims
    Free Member

You should not own PJs past 11 years old. Pants, preferable boxers so your balls hang out when seated is the maximum for nightwear. You may wear a t-shirt if admitted to hospital or you live on Svalbard.

You can wear this at any time of the day in your own home and for putting the bins out/ getting something from your car etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘PJs / Jim Jams /Lounge pants 🙄correct time of day ?’ is closed to new replies.