• This topic has 81 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alpin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Favourite pizza?
  • RustySpanner

Restaurant or takeaway:
    Anchovies, onions and black olives.
    Capers and mushrooms?
    Might, depending on the place.

Shop:
    Aldi.
    Asda deli pepperoni, with half the pepperoni removed.

Homemade:
    More of a flan tbh.
    😐
    Veggies and Jus-rol, usually ‘made’ by a three year old.
    Done in a normal oven, on a tray.

All thin as you like, bit of pepper, ta.

What insults to gastronomy do you philistines prefer?

DezB
    Free Member

Square ones from the Co-op. Well, rectangular really. Don’t mind what topping as long as there’s no mushrooms.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plain old home made Margherita, adorned with rocket and parmesan, Garlic oil and black pepper.

I do secretly enjoy a good old hawaiian too mind, much against my thoughts that pineapple shouldn’t be on a pizza…. 8)

BFITH
    Free Member

Capers, anchovies and black olives. 🙂

Drac

Ham and Pineapple.

mark90
    Free Member

Large 😀

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Fiorentina(Mozzarella, Spinach and an egg cracked on top ) but with an extra topping of anchovies

RustySpanner

The only objection I have to pineapple on pizza is that it highlights just how many people can’t spell Hawaiian.

colournoise

And I thought I was the only onion, anchovy and black olive pizza afficionado…

That’s my favourite if making my own or a ‘build-your-own’ takeaway, but supermarket-wise I tend to go for pepperoni on a thin base.

Can’t remember what it’s called, but also partial to the really thin Romano base that Pizza Express do, topped with cured meats and rocket.

DezB
    Free Member

The only objection I have to pineapple on pizza is that people have been saying the “it’s wrong” ‘joke’ since before Margherita of Savoy died.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

As an insult to gastronomy, matzos* with a smear of tomato paste, sprinkled with sliced pickled onions, cheddar, grilled pepper(from a jar), a pinch of chilli flakes and some panfried chorizo/peperoni/salami bang under grill till cheese melts then drizzle with oil from pan.

Actual pizza? Something very thin, topped with grilled chicken, spinach and anchovies and a little blue cheese

*other brands of giant cream cracker may be available.

jointhedotz
    Free Member

kebab meat, from a takeaway, with garlic sauce.

It’s all of the wrong, and yet divine

ourmaninthenorth

Homemade.
    Margherita.

With the occasional addition of salami or capers or anchovies of olives (or a combo).

johndoh
    Free Member

Homemade

With homemade tomato & garlic sauce, red onion, red pepper, picked peppers, lashings of cheese, Red’s hot sauce, Red’s mustard sauce, a sprinkling of tabasco and Ikea meatballs.

Just had last night’s left overs for lunch 🙂

Watty

Restaurant, well bar really, The Angel Halesworth:
    VESUVIO – Ground beef, chilli peppers & pepperoni
    Yum

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Homemade – pretty much anything. But especially pineapple.

And I consider myself somewhat a pizza snob. 😐

milky1980
    Free Member

Asda Make Your Own from the counter 😀

Mainly as it’s the only way I can get one without any tomato sauce on it (allergic). Usually get cheese with double Pepperoni, chicken and bacon. no oils or extra cheese.

Nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom :mrgreen:

footflaps

Diavolo from Pizza Express, Hot spiced beef, pepperoni, mozzarella, tomato, green pepper, red onion and Tabasco, with your choice of hot green, Roquito or jalapeño peppers.

rmacattack
    Free Member

pineapple solo

zzjabzz
    Free Member

Hot n Spicy from the takeaway: Spicy beef, shrooms, green pepper, onion, fresh chilli.

RustySpanner

Does anyone, by a slim chance, work for the pineapple marketing board?

rmacattack – Member
    pineapple solo

More a cautionable offence than a pizza really?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

banana, pineapple, curry and ham, best served with bernaise sauce and pickled cabbage

chakaping
    Free Member

I don’t get spicy pizzas.

Fiorentina or neapolitana for me.

Drac

Jesus.

beej

Fiorentina on a Romana base, with extra pepperoni. Soft egg. Dash of chilli oil.

theotherjonv

something with spinach and goats cheese. Maybe pine nuts.

carlosg
    Free Member

Home made, thin. Herbs in the tomato , cheddar and mozzarella mix with Italian salami,black olives and mixed peppers then some ground chilli’s over the top.

DrT
    Free Member

Homemade, thin sourdough base, thin coating of tomato and herbs, caremalised red onion and goats cheese.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve been threatening to make a home made pizza for years, hasn’t happened yet…

Despite this I’m equally threatening to treat myself to one of those wood fired pizza ovens when the youngest starts school and I can stop paying childcare (it is metaphorically killing me).

Me – I like Hi-why-Han? And can’t spell for shit with a gentlemanly dose of siracha on it.

Don’t eat it much, the ones you can buy are just fat and dough.

ElShalimo

About 10 yrs ago I ordered something in a restaurant near Colfosco in the Dolomites. It was like a calzone but it was a lical speciality fancy plaited pizza, like a pasty-calzone hybrid. Nicest pizza I’ve ever had but I can’t remember what it was called.

egb81
    Free Member

Homemade, stretched thin as possible, sauce made with loads of garlic, topped with anchovies, tuna, onion, sweetcorn, red pepper.

Reindeer and goats cheese is most excellent as well.

Pineapple on pizza is just wrong; so very, very wrong.

blader1611
    Free Member

Any pizza as long as it has pineapple on it. Followed by a can of Lilt.

lesgrandepotato

Homemade. Thin base. Ragu base, fresh mozzarella topped with corned beef and diary Lee wedges

YoKaiser
    Free Member

The Ciclo Montana thread reminded me of the Eddie Stobart pizza, lovely light mid ride snack.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UefK6D]Senor Stobart pizza.[/url] by Bigbroondug, on Flickr

wordnumb
    Free Member

Has anybody ever invented the spiral-infinity pizza? That would be my favourite.

RustySpanner

Me – I like Hi-why-Han? And can’t spell for shit with a gentlemanly dose of siracha on it.

🙂
    I might not be entirely serious about the Hawaiian thing.
    Possibly an HMHB reference too far.

chewkw
    Free Member

You need to sprinkle some MSG on the toppings … a bit only … not a lot … :mrgreen:

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If forgot about the stobart! Awesome!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yes.

tomhoward

From a takeaway then Ham, mushroom, pineapple and olives.

That or a calzone, packed full…

Best one I’ve had? Tartiflette pizza in alpe d’huez.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Favourite pizza?’ is closed to new replies.