• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jeb.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pivot mach 5.5 / 6 bikes … need advice…
  • jeb

Looking at the pivot mach 5.5 and the mach 6 …

i ride flatter technical trailer, bumps, roots … (located in Denmark) i am 49 years old, been riding since 1990, and quite good technical..
    i like a bike that can take some beating, and sort of flatten the trail… so wonder if the 5.5 could feel to short…

years ago i had a 1. generation santa cruz nomad, but it felt very long and slow, i sold i shortly after because it was not
    inspiring..

The mach 6 can be had for around 2000 euro, where as the 5.5 is around 4000!? … anyone know of any offers of theese frames ?
    -also open for used frames

Thanks

Furious

I’ve had a Mach 5.5 for just over 2 years. From the first test ride I knew it was the bike for me. It’s geometry even back then was on the more conservative side but this, in my opinion, is what makes it such a great all rounder. It’s long and slack enough. All the elements come together so nicely. 2.6″ tyres, DW-Link suspension and brilliant attention to detail in the frame design.

My riding has come on in leaps and bounds since owning it. It is the best bike I’ve owned so far.

Can it take a beating? Hell yeah. Mine has done everything from long days in the saddle to bike parks (BPW, Revs, Antur Stiniog) to week long adventures in the Pyranees. It’s taken everything in it’s stride.

Does it flatten the trail? Yes and no, although the 140mm of travel at the back feels bottomless it does get bucked around more than my friends 160mm bikes. The big fork up front means you can plough into stuff pretty hard tough.

Mach 5.5

excitable1
    Free Member

I was going to write a big long review about the 5.5 but I can’t be arsed, just get one, you won’t regret it !

It’s the second best bike I’ve ever owned but only behind my Pivot Firebird and its actually better than the Firebird at techy climbs because its very maneuverable.

There’s no where I’d be afraid to take it, long CX, local woods and big techy mountains it’s coped well with the lot.

My last shorter travel bike was a Santa Cruz 5010 and its blows that out the water !

jeb

oh man…………….. tough call……………. !!!

my mind says the 5.5

but my wallet and big ego says the 6….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pivot mach 5.5 / 6 bikes … need advice…’ is closed to new replies.