Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 194 total)
  • Pivot 24/12 roll call.
  • pictonroad

Who is in this year?

In for the 12hr solo again, last year before vets. 😐

Facebook says the course is a bit longer, I really enjoyed the short course last year, will have to suck it and see.

I’ve been ill for 50% of the year so far so will struggle to trouble my best performance, may just treat it as a nice ride. 8)

If anyone has a spare solo male ticket my mate is looking for one.

See you there,

James

amedias
    Free Member

I’ll be there (as always), back in a team instead of solo for this year, first time in a long while so going to be interesting!

Kryton57

In for the 12hr solo again, last year before vets.

See you in the mix jnr. 😉

Yes 12 Solo for me but not aiming for competitive riding this year, just a nice weekend away with a big MTB ride in the middle.

stumpy01

I’ll be there – Team Piecep rides again.

We’ll be in a team of 4/5. Probably be somewhere near a bright red SRAM gazebo. Hoping to get down on the Thursday so should have a trackside spot.

Yeah, it’s a bit of a shame that the course is going to be longer; I found last years course the sweet spot of distance, but it’ll be good whatever.

This’ll be our 10th year….!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

I will be there again, riding in the same team as Amedias and trying not to moan to much. As for the course I am a fan of a shorter lap, but my understand is that they are extending it, due to them hosting the Solo Champs this year and needing to give them a decent lap. Bring on the heckling!

jay_tht
    Free Member

Yep be there again this year looking forward to it I think 24hr Solo vet.

adsh
    Free Member

If anyone has a 12hr solo available let me know!

c_klein87

i’m back for another try at 24hr solo, fond memories from my last go, better prepared this time! i’ll be one of the many fluro pivot riders…..

maycontainnuts

Yep, I’ll be there, the weak link in Team Hug as usual, in the 24hr team.
    Posse of us getting there for Thursday, always a great event, really looking forward to it.

superstu
    Free Member

My first time, doing the 12 hour. I don’t train, I don’t ride some weeks due to other commitments, but I will be there enjoying myself and just keeping plugging away. Slowly slowly. Should be fun.

longmover
    Free Member

I will be there, 24hr Solo, the world has conspired against me since signing up so done pretty much no training. I’m aiming to get to 100 miles, if I do I’ll be be happy.

dabaldie
    Free Member

Yep, 12hr Solo. Bottled the 24hr.. (one day.. one day), ok it is one day….
    Might give you some sneaky peeks As I’ll be helping set the course up on Wednesday pm.
    Really wish mates wouldn’t bring their caravans tho!! ;0)

andrewh
    Free Member

Yep, I’ll be there. 24 solo singlespeed masochistic category.
    Never done 24/12 before and it must be a decade since I last raced at Newnham, any tips?

richmars

any tips

Normally free beer on Friday evening.

amedias
    Free Member

Yep, I’ll be there. 24 solo singlespeed masochistic category.

Never done 24/12 before and it must be a decade since I last raced at Newnham, any tips?

Ride your bike, keep riding your bike, if you find yourself not riding your bike then get back on and ride your bike. HTH 😀

adsh
    Free Member

Soooo can I do this as a Z2 training ride 2 weeks after having been off ill for 5 weeks………

In other words is the course reasonably flat or are there hills which take serious effort?

pictonroad

It’s never flat, but you can ride as far as you want, you’ve got plenty of time to stop for a rest… 😉

Kryton57

In other words is the course reasonably flat or are there hills which take serious effort?

There’s one large hill and a couple of sort ones. The longer one – reinstated for this year – you can just pootle up, saying that it isn’t easy but won’t kill you.

adsh
    Free Member

Spin up on 28:42?

dabaldie
    Free Member

Its Newnham, its not flat. The course is usually chosen specifically as a 24hour course, so fast and not technical. 28 42 will be fine. Usually.
    As long as they don’t reintroduce the grassy climb…..

Kryton57

Spin up on 28:42?

Well I’ll be doing it on 34 oval / 42…

rOcKeTdOg

24hr inbetween giving away the free beer.

Course is longer this year but not such a steep climb as last time

coomber
    Free Member

Last year’s was probably my favourite racing ever so I’m super jealous as I’m injured and can’t make it.

Saccades
    Free Member

Torchbearer here, did well last year despite that steep climb. I too liked the short course.

No longer cycle commute so no idea of my fitness compared. Will be around Celtic corner and the massive cow bell.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

12h solo here.
    Hoping there’s no rain like my last venture to 2412 a couple of years back…

hopoplu
    Free Member

I’m in 12hr solo….. done 24 solo last year, but due to diy commitments, not enough time for training. So now just going to try and hang on for 12

tlr

24 hour solo vet – what could possibly go wrong…..?

Kryton57

Hoping there’s no rain

You may want to glance at the currenrt extended forecast…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

After missing last year Team SUMO are back 😀

Three in the 12 hour solo, one 24 solo!

See ya there

jam-bo

extended forecasts look ok as much as you can believe them.

been so dry down here this year unless its actually raining at the time it should be pretty dry.

the soggy rd2 xc race there tomorrow evening looks like it’ll be a bit of a washout.

tonto
    Free Member

james ygm

pictonroad

Nice one. I’ve responded. 8)

tonycottee
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m desperate for a 12 solo entry if anyone is unable to make or has a friend who can’t make it to 24/12 please let me know.
    Thanks
    James

tonto
    Free Member

James (pictonroad) – no mail here!

pictonroad

Sorted now, Cheers Tonto! 8)

mjsmke

I’ll be there again in the 12hr solo. Just about to start sorting my camping stuff this evening.

Nobby

Back again this year after having to pull out in 2016. Always my favourite event & cant wait.

IdleJon

I’m back with a team of 5 for the first time. We came 3rd in vets with a team of 3 and a bit on inappropriate bikes last year. No pressure to do better, then! 😆

mjsmke

I might have a spare 12hr solo entry. I’ll update on this tread on Thursday morning when I know for sure.

tonycottee
    Free Member

mjsmke – yes please! Keep me posted if you are unable to make it and i’ll take it!! thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘Pivot 24/12 roll call.’ is closed to new replies.