• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Earl.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pity about Halfords
  • Earl
    Free Member

Wife as shopping next door so I went into Bikehut and asked for a Ext Deore BB. After much searching (and asking a co-worker) he produced a UN54. After pointing out it wasn’t and external one – he consulted his manager. You can order on the net but we don’t keep them in stock.

Pity that they don’t seam to give their staff decent training nor stock basic parts for many of the bikes they have in store. Bike wise they seam to have lots of nice stuff – from the Boardman range to even their own range – they had Carrera 650b hardtail on display ffs!

lemonysam
    Free Member

A-hem.

cynic-al
    Free Member

That’s about teh size of it, yes.

Ambrose

yurp

toys19
    Free Member

I had my stereo fitted by them in Kittybrewster £30 to put the microphone and dab aerial cables behind the dash and all that shenanigans. excellent job. v pleased.

Ambrose

Mind you, their brake fluid did this…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bledin-frankenbrakes

beanieripper
    Free Member

Seem.,…………….. not,…………….seam……….you dippy or something. ?

chip
    Free Member

I order stuff to be picked up from my local store quite often as
    Their Prices due to regular promotions can be very competitive.

And by ordering for collection rather than to be delivered to my house I have half a chance of smuggling parts in under the radar.

mav12
    Free Member

picked up a garmin edge 200 for £72 and they kept it for me for an extra day when i asked

hexhamstu
    Free Member

tmb467
    Free Member

went in one day to buy a UN54 bb and some other random bits and pieces

they not only had everything I needed (in the right size) but were able to advise me that they had a cheaper (and equally reliable) replacement BB with a 2yr warranty

sometimes they’re good – sometimes they’re not

the lad behind the counter was chuffed that a customer actually knew what they wanted and what size they needed and were pretty interested in what I wanted it for (and where I was intending to ride at the weekend)

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

The 650b Carrera I saw in Halfords at the weekend had a square taper BB and most boardmans come with Truvativ cranks.

KonaOwner
    Free Member

I’m very grateful to Halfords. I was able to pick up a 2007 VooDoo Sobo frame last week for a ridiculously cheap price. If it wasn’t for the Curse of H completely destroying the value of the VooDoo brand name, a scandium/carbon frame of that quality would have cost me a lot lot more.

Earl
    Free Member

I have found all of the staff nice people who are willing to help but most are just not trained very well. I say pity as Halfords obviously do put a lot of money into Bikehut and serve a lot of people. Management could easily be so so much better. (and that would really kill off the lbs….)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pity about Halfords’ is closed to new replies.