Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)
  • pitch forks at the ready not clarkson this time.
  • jimjam
    Free Member

Of course it’s a joke. Hit someone at 180 and you’re dead too, so there’ll be no guilt to worry about.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Please tell me that was written as a joke

Well partly.

Mrs FD driving home one night from work was the first person at a fatal RTC.

The bloke who killed the lady said he was doing less than the speed limit (30mph), and she beleived him.

The point is its ‘safe’ so long as you are doing the speed limit or less is incorrect. Safe can be doing 180mph in the right conditions

mrchrispy

has he actually admitted to driving at 180mph?
    (again CBA reading it all)
    I though he said something like he was on the limit.
    maybe it kept it in 1st?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GrahamS

Safe can be doing 180mph in the right conditions

I’m struggling to think of the right conditions where it is safer than going a bit slower than that.

A tsunami maybe. Volcanic eruption. Pack of angry honey badgers on mopeds?

Northwind

GrahamS – Member

I’m struggling to think of the right conditions where it is safer than going a bit slower than that.

When Guy Martin is right behind you doing 180mph

grenosteve
    Free Member

Pack of angry honey badgers on mopeds

Someone needs to photoshop that up!

Drac

as he actually admitted to driving at 180mph?

The link on page 1 tells you he said he was.

mrchrispy

maybe he actually thinks he is wolverine and would survive a crash at 180mph

molgrips
    Free Member

The point is its ‘safe’ so long as you are doing the speed limit or less is incorrect

Yes, we know, everyone knows this, it’s been acknowledged dozens of times. It’s almost as if you are clinging to the idea to try and give yourself a position from which to argue.

It is SAFER to be doing the speed limit. Not guaranteed safe, just SAFER. It may not be significantly riskier to be doing over the limit on this deserted motorway at 2am, but that’s another issue.

mt
    Free Member

has it been said the this could be Mr Martins application for the Top Gear job?

Klunk
    Free Member

grenosteve
    Free Member

^^^
    Well done that man! 🙂

fourbanger
    Free Member

I thought the term “leptons” was invented to avoid all this sort of bother?

Drac

Now we need Maxtorque powerslding passed them into the trees whilst suffering a blowout on ice.

martinhutch

maybe he actually thinks he is wolverine and would survive a crash at 180mph

Quite possibly.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Doing 180mph in a 40mph is stupid, but it is not “dangerous” necessarily (as it is the road conditions dictate risk, not the speed limit)

Really?

High speed reduces the possibility to respond in time when necessary. People need time to process information, to decide whether or not to react and, finally to execute a reaction. At high speed the distance covered in this period is longer. At high speeds the distance between starting to brake and a complete stand still is longer as well. The braking distance is proportional to the square of speed (v2). Therefore, the possibility to avoid a collision becomes smaller as speed increases. This is well illustrated at a broad average level by Finch [24].

1 km/h increase in speed ? 3% increase in accidents

http://ec.europa.eu/transport/wcm/road_safety/erso/knowledge/Content/20_speed/speed_and_accident_risk.htm

iolo
    Free Member

if true he was a cock.
    End of.
    Discuss rights and wrongs for another 26 pages if you like but it seems sideboard kid f@@@ed up and then opened his mouth about it. Maybe he’s not the chosen one after all.

MoreCashThanDash

I understand that the Canals and Rivers Trust are reviewing his canal boat series in case he went over their limit as well.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

boriselbrus – Member

Well aside of all the bickering, this is where it allegedly happened. Does that look appropriate to anyone??? Hardly a deserted dual carriageway is it…

I know it’s a few pages back but i’ve sat on the wall in that church on the right of that pic watching bikes come past at around the 200mph mark. Yeah, yeah, different time, closed roads, etc. Just saying, like! 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 161 through 179 (of 179 total)

The topic ‘pitch forks at the ready not clarkson this time.’ is closed to new replies.