Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Pipehouse Lane Nr Bath "Improved"??
  • MrAgreeable

W00t! Seems like a few of the other local BWs have become a bit more interesting over “summer” too.

Buzz, the route I’ve previously done is to ride out of Bath along the K&A canal path, through Browns, carry on across the road and then link across to Pipehouse.

T1000
    Free Member

fantastic news……

any pics of the unimproved trail???

Gilles

Buzz,

Just let me know when you want to explore around Bath, I know a very good guide to show you around.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb7hviosslQ[/video]

(The video does not show you Pipehouse Lane, got to do one really)

Gilles

T1000
    Free Member

nice vid

westons…..airfield…browns…. don’t normally see them in the daylight!

transapp
    Free Member

Gilles – just realised I’ve crossed paths with you a couple of times (I recognise the bike!)
    Wave if you see a bloke on a bright oranges / silver Giant Anthem!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Anyone about Saturday? I have to pickup my repaired wheel from Bad Ass when it opens, but after that I was going to ride. Could prob get to Bath by 10:30.

Gilles

Buzz, i hate to say that but i can’t do Saturday. I’m free next week from Tuesday, we might be able to fit something if you’ve got some days off as well. Take your lady to do some Christmas shopping in town while you are getting muddy. Sunday however I’m planning to ride Crook Peak and the top of the Cheddar Gorges.

transapp – will do!

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hey Gilles, I may be up for Sunday ride, am also around Tuesday, if the weathers ok, fancy Exmoor?

Gilles

Exmoor? Yes, sounds like miles away from here but if the weather is good, why not. I let you know for Sunday, probably meeting up at 10:30 somewhere near Weavering Down. Does anybody know if the Lillapool cafe is opened now?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lillypool cafe is open now.
    I’m going to the Qs Sunday. Hope to catch you some other time.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Gilles – nice video. Is the steep section around 1:20 from the Odd Down park and ride down past Fortnight farm and down towards Combe Hay? And the flowy stuff afterwards?

I dont recognise the trails for the lack of mud.

cheers

Gilles

I think you means the Charmy Down descent (i won’t try climbing it) – not sure what is the official name.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Ah, that’s a different area to where I was thinking. I can see Charmy down on the map, and a few paths from it, only one would be “legal” so is that the decent from a TV mast?

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Pipehouse Lane Nr Bath "Improved"??’ is closed to new replies.