Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Pipedream Sirius S5 anyone actually got one?
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Looks really nice that @YorkshireRipper. How does it compare to the likes of Cotic, Stanton etc in terms of ride quality? My Stanton (Switch9er) is fun but definitely harsher to ride than the Solaris max it replaced.

YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

6.5lbs (2.95kg) was with dropouts etc, not including headset and seatpost clamp. I built it up with a SID which is super light, but for winter an NX/SX drivetrain which weighs a tonne. In summer I’ll maybe put a lighter groupset on but it’s never going to be that light, it’s steel after all. I bought it as an all-rounder that could do the odd XC event, so not too bothered by the weight. I don’t notice it.

Overall I’m loving the bike, super comfortable compared to the BFe but that’s not a direct comparison, not ridden a SolarisMAX or Sherpa to compare. My GF has an ally NS Bikes Eccentric Evo 29 and noticeably more compliant than that. The short backend makes it feel smaller than a 29er and better in the tight stuff than I expected.

The SID is a great fork, but I do sometimes think a 120mm Pike would suit the frame better as it’s so capable due to the geometry.

pigyn
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9Iw7EBgcd/?igshid=bpxfyelvtucq

Not mine but I wish it was 😻

‘Inspired’ by my SS Moxie 🤣 The Sirius suits it a bit better though. Built to fairly easily have gears dropped on.

bajsyckel

Looking nice @pigyn, similar SS build to something I envisaged. Seeing your moxie actually got me thinking down this route in the first place, something for similar terrain to you but always think the moxie is a bit overkill for 90% of local stuff. How do you find the dropouts/tensioning for singlespeed? And rigid up front on the moxie – how’s the pipedream fork?

geordiesherman

Crikey that is Uber cool, congrats 👏 I’m concerned about the lowish stack height which based on Pipedream website is 586 vs current bike an On-one Scandal which in a large has a stack of 628mm. I don’t know if these are like for like comparisons on websites as no more details available…can anyone help please?

didnthurt

I’m looking at one of these and came across this thread, does anyone have any more reviews?

Cheers.

jamesybob

That’s my one in the link pigyn posted. Had it about 4 months now and really like it. Been used for lots of different stuff, local rides and playing around in the woods, bikepacking, Torridon, Golfie, Dunkeld, snowboarding access and general biking. It’s been singlespeed, geared, rigid and hardtail and good in all versions. It climbs really well, good on technical climbs and is excellent on descents, while not a downhill bike. It’s heavier than I hoped but to copy what people say a lot these days you don’t notice it. Previous bike wasn’t as modern geometry and 27.5 so was concerned it would be difficult going round corners, flop around going up hills, impossible to wheelie / manual and uncomfortable on flats but no issues at all while a better position on steep descents. If you’ve got any specific questions let me know.

didnthurt

Thanks @jamesybob, I think I’ll order one then build it up over the next while when funds and parts are available. I just need to decide on the size and colour now 😬

jamesybob

No worries. That sounds like a good plan. Just been out for a ride on mine and still all good.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I had a 631 Sirius painted a ti sort of colour. It really looked like ti. The paint job was stunningly done.

Now I’m triggered 🙁 sold bike sadness all over again.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Turnerfan1
    Free Member
    Really like the look of these but seem tiny to someone 6’2″ and 34″ inside leg?

6’1″ and 34 inside leg. Rode an 18″ Sirius with 26 wheels and a Rockshox Rev U-turn 85-130mm. 80mm stem. Boom. Loved it.

lucasshmucas

I’ve been looking at maybe getting myself a Sirius but I was a bit concerned about the earlier comment about the 100kg weight limit as it has been a while since I’ve seen 100kg. Anyway I contacted Pipedream for clarification and this is their response, just in case anyone else is similarly concerned.

There’s not a weight limit per se and I don’t know how the rumour/misinformation came about. Our frames are tested and comply with ISO 4210-2.

ISO 4210-2:2015(en) Cycles — Safety requirements for bicycles — Part 2: Requirements for city and trekking, young adult, mountain and racing bicycles.

In producing this International Standard, the aim has been to ensure that bicycles manufactured in compliance with it will be as safe as is practically possible. The tests have been designed to ensure the strength and durability of individual parts as well as of the bicycle as a whole, demanding high quality throughout and consideration of safety aspects from the design stage onwards.

Frames manufactured by Pipedream Cycles Ltd are tested and comply with BS EN ISO 4210-2

The test load is 1200NM which equates to 122kg.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.