Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Pipedream Sirius S5 anyone actually got one?
  • Premier Icon bungalistic

Looks really nice that @YorkshireRipper. How does it compare to the likes of Cotic, Stanton etc in terms of ride quality? My Stanton (Switch9er) is fun but definitely harsher to ride than the Solaris max it replaced.

Premier Icon YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

6.5lbs (2.95kg) was with dropouts etc, not including headset and seatpost clamp. I built it up with a SID which is super light, but for winter an NX/SX drivetrain which weighs a tonne. In summer I’ll maybe put a lighter groupset on but it’s never going to be that light, it’s steel after all. I bought it as an all-rounder that could do the odd XC event, so not too bothered by the weight. I don’t notice it.

Overall I’m loving the bike, super comfortable compared to the BFe but that’s not a direct comparison, not ridden a SolarisMAX or Sherpa to compare. My GF has an ally NS Bikes Eccentric Evo 29 and noticeably more compliant than that. The short backend makes it feel smaller than a 29er and better in the tight stuff than I expected.

The SID is a great fork, but I do sometimes think a 120mm Pike would suit the frame better as it’s so capable due to the geometry.

Premier Icon pigyn
    Free Member

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ9Iw7EBgcd/?igshid=bpxfyelvtucq

Not mine but I wish it was 😻

‘Inspired’ by my SS Moxie 🤣 The Sirius suits it a bit better though. Built to fairly easily have gears dropped on.

Premier Icon bajsyckel

Looking nice @pigyn, similar SS build to something I envisaged. Seeing your moxie actually got me thinking down this route in the first place, something for similar terrain to you but always think the moxie is a bit overkill for 90% of local stuff. How do you find the dropouts/tensioning for singlespeed? And rigid up front on the moxie – how’s the pipedream fork?

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.