Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pipedream Sirius 4G as a 29er?
  • Shackleton

Anyone tried it? I’m interested in a 29er to take 100-120mm forks for general riding. I’d initially thought of a Sherpa but it looks very short in reach (the same as my 8 year old Swift!).

So thoughts on the Pipedream Sirius as a 29er or other options? I still have my Phantom for bigger stuff so an XC/agrotrail 29er would be grand………….

Bolt

Also interested in this frame as a 29er what size tyre (make and model) are people running?

Cheers

Shackleton

Anyone?

trusty

I’ve just built one up as a 29er, only had 3 rides though so far as I was a bit over enthusiastic and broke the cranks and freehub while out last weekend 😳 seems to ride really well, much smoother than the ally bike I stole most of bits off. It’s on 27mm internal rims, maxxis shorty on the front and a 2.2 beaver on the back. Fork’s a pike at 140

Shackleton

Grand, thanks!

What is tyre clearance like? I still need convincing that it is a 29er bike not bastardised 650b+…….

Do you have any unbroken pictures? 😉

Cheers,

S

trusty

Tyre clearance is fine, sliding dropouts so sliding them back gives plenty of clearance. I have photos but no good ones!

Just emailed you a couple as I’ve nothing to upload them from

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pipedream Sirius 4G as a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.