Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pins and Plates
  • trailwagger
    Free Member

Hurting today being the first decent frost (-3) this morning.

Anyone know why it happens? Its not like my leg is cold, but it happens every winter when the temperature drops.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Same for me, no idea why either. I’m pretty certain if my body temp fell enough for it to make a meaningful difference to my arms I’d know about it.

701arvn
    Free Member

Never though about it, but being quite old now it’s not just the plate in my wrist that complains in the cold but my right knee and neck  (my mother was right about motorbikes) and my right ankle (and climbing trees).

Interested to know the answer.

spawnofyorkshire

the metal reacts at a different rate than the bone it’s attached to or is ensconced within.

The pin in my ankle aches when atmospheric pressure changes or if temperature drops because the pin is slower to react than the bone which has slightly contracted

trailwagger
    Free Member

the metal reacts at a different rate than the bone it’s attached to or is ensconced within.
    The pin in my ankle aches when atmospheric pressure changes or if temperature drops because the pin is slower to react than the bone which has slightly contracted

But I`m not cold. Im sat in a warm office, its only hurting because the outside temperature has dropped ???

ton

metal ankle here (and hip).   ankle hurts like hell in cold.

no riding boots have kept me warm so far, this year I bought 45nrth for winter, we will see.

I thing the blood supply to my foot is a bit impeded by the ankle, hence the cold foot. also ankle is almost sold with little movement, so foot don’t keep warm like one what bends.

Greybeard
    Free Member

Mine aches with wet rather than cold. I think it’s as spawnofyorkshire says, atmospheric pressure, but on the other hand, it’s not particularly high at present, and it should also have an effect in summer high pressure.

spawnofyorkshire

Mine aches with wet rather than cold. I think it’s as spawnofyorkshire says, atmospheric pressure, but on the other hand, it’s not particularly high at present, and it should also have an effect in summer high pressure

I get it in summer with pressure changes too. Also find it’s the change in pressure that i feel, not necessarily whether it’s high or low. Find it’s worst when the weather goes from low to high, bloomin achey then. That’s just the what i find with mine, YMMV

footflaps

I thought the whole point of homeostasis was that the bodies internal temp was kept pretty much constant, although I guess the extremities vary by a bit more..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pins and Plates’ is closed to new replies.