Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Pinochet redux…Brit Pols sucking war criminals….on your watch.
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, very sad 😐

But tragically unsurprising from New Labour……..power & money talks.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Cameron & co won't be any different. Both main parties have strong Anglo-Israeli lobbyists working through them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sodafarls
    Free Member

Unsurprising from New Labour, Tories and the Other Lot. And to be honest it's unsurprising that the majority of the Great British Pubic couldn't care less either. I consider correctly anyone that doesn't care to be vermin.(EDIT)or stupid.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cameron & co won't be any different.

And I wouldn't expect them to be. However, there was a time when I would have expected a party called the Labour Party, to be different. A party which was once totally committed to peace and social justice.

tankslapper
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/dec/17/war-criminals-tzipi-livni

One sides genocide is another's conquering heroes I guess……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"One side" ?

I thought it was the United Nations that had concluded that Israel had committed war crimes and violated Geneva Convention ?

How does the UN represent "one side" in all of this ?

sodafarls
    Free Member

"One sides genocide is another's conquering heroes I guess……"

Seems to be that way. Most people are labouring under the illusion that Britain's role is to invade and occupy Middle Eastern countries for their betterment rather than shuffle on it's knees towards the crotch of moral debasement, as it has done.

5thElefant
    Free Member

sodafarls
    Free Member

Not "what" again copy'n'paste dullard?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Not "what" again copy'n'paste dullard?

You're not being very understanding sodafarls. Obviously 5thElefant couldn't think of anything to say, so posting a picture was a useful alternative to….. erm….. "thinking".

And the fact that it is completely inappropriate because the topic of the British government helping suspected war criminals evade justice has never actually been discussed before, is just a minor detail.

eldridge
    Free Member

hi sodafarls

stop foaming at the mouth about Issrael – at the moment you can't do anything about that country's collective punishment of the civilian population of Palestine

be patient – Iran will soon have a viable nuclear weapon with the capability to hit Tel Aviv

When that happens, you will be surprised how accommodating the Issraelis will become on the Palestinian question

sodafarls
    Free Member

"stop foaming at the mouth about Issrael"

It appears from my original and subsequent postings that I am foaming at the mouth about Britain, or more specifically it's polititians. How could you not notice?

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

"One side" ?

I thought it was the United Nations that had concluded that Israel had committed war crimes and violated Geneva Convention ?

How does the UN represent "one side" in all of this ?

LOL! WTF is UN as it is not almighty … yeah right speak to Russian, Chinese and Iran etc and all the rogue states see if the give a toss about UN.

War crime … yeah right. The victors are never considered war criminals but only the losers.

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

eldridge – Member
    hi sodafarls

… be patient – Iran will soon have a viable nuclear weapon with the capability to hit Tel Aviv …

LOL! I bet even before Iran has the chance to fire the rocket there is a greater likelihood that the ayatollah and his govt will collapse first. You know whatever goes around comes around … just like the time when they toppled the Shah.

The most likely source of rockets will come from Pakistan since the west support them with weapons … other location is from Central Asia.

😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

And what right do we have to do anything about what is happening in Israel and the occupied territories?

slowjo
    Free Member

This turning a blind eye is nothing new… consider what happened post 1945. Lots of Nazis were recruited to work in weapons development, rocket science etc and only a relatively small number were punished. They trundled off to the US, to Russia and to GB because they were useful.

Justice is relative, it isn't an absolute. Whether you believe Israel is a morally corrupt state depends on where you are sitting. (Personally I have nothing for contempt for them and their policies but I am powerless to make any difference.)

As for Labour… when were New Labour anything to do with the traditional Labour Party? There were torn apart and rebranded by Tone and Co for their own personal ends… the old values disappeared without a trace.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL! WTF is UN as it is not almighty … yeah right speak to Russian, Chinese and Iran etc and all the rogue states see if the give a toss about UN.

I think it is a given, that a rogue state like Israel couldn't give a toss about the UN …….but what's your point – that I am wrong in saying the UN doesn't represent "one side" in all of this ?

That the UN in fact, represents the side that "lost" ? 😕

BTW chewkw, all this LOL! and 😆 …….get a grip of yourself mate – you sound like your laughing's getting hysterical

Jamie
    Free Member

TandemJeremy:

And what right do we have to do anything about what is happening in Israel and the occupied territories?

Bit of a narrow view TJ.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

when were New Labour anything to do with the traditional Labour Party?

That's probably why no one is surprised how New Labour now behave 💡

alpin
    Free Member

i'm not sure if the isrealis see the irony of what they are doing to those in palestine?

once they were the oppressed, but now they are the oppressors against a people whose land they have stolen (with the help of the allied powers).

why don't they accept their fate as described in the bible; they're destined to walk the deserts for the rest of time without a place to call home.

**** jews.

Jamie
    Free Member

5…..4…..3…..2……

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

**** jews.

It's got f8ck all to do with being Jewish.

Most Jews don't live in Israel. And the UN investigator who drew up the report condemning Israel for committing war crimes and violating the Geneva Convention, is himself a Jew.

alpin
    Free Member

alright, **** isreali jews.

i'd say much the same about muslims, christians, hindus or any other group of indoctrinated people.

my bad.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

alright, **** isreali jews.

Actually that isn't strictly correct either. Many orthodox Jews in Israel don't recognise the state of Israel, on the grounds that it goes against the Old Testament/God, ie, the Jews were sent into exile by God, and forced to wander the world forever………or something.

Try : "**** Zionists"

That works for me……..Zionists = apartheid/racist lo-life……..imo

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

"TandemJeremy:

And what right do we have to do anything about what is happening in Israel and the occupied territories?"

Bit of a narrow view TJ.

Why? We have no recent connection to the piece of land, none of our citizens are involved, there is no threat to us. We simply have no right nor duty to intevene in Israel and the occupied territories. None of these people are in the UK. No crime occurred in the UK

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No crime occurred in the UK

There are international agreements which state that suspected war criminals can prosecuted in countries other than the ones which they committed their crimes in.

A lot of things changed in the decades after Nuremberg…….. do you think that was a bad thing TJ ?

DrJ

Why? We have no recent connection to the piece of land

Likewise Rwanda, Bosnia, Sudetenland etc etc etc.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If it was a UN prosecution or from the EC OK – I don't believe one country should prosecute officials from another when there is no territorial or citizen link.

Nuremberg was not one country unilaterally prosecuting officials for another and we rather had an interest in that one.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don't believe one country should prosecute officials from another when there is no territorial or citizen link.

Shame on you.

We talking about suspected war crimes and violating the Geneva Convention here.

As well as attacking UN facilities.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie – You miss my point. I am more than happy for the UN or EC or some other institution that is more than one country prosecuting war criminals.

This is a very different sort of case. Its attempting to prosecute officials from one country by officials from another – no supranational authority.

Would you be happy for Zimbabwae to prosecute the UK government? Case to be heard in Zimbabwean courts for something that happened in a third country?

There is a clear moral difference between one country attempting to take action and a supranational body taking action

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

In that case Ernie, the correct jurisdiction to issue warrants would be the ICC, not private prosecutions through UK courts.

DrJ

If I'm walking past an old lady being mugged by a chav, the correct person to intervene is the police.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DrJ – no – you should.

Ernie – do you think we should be prosecuting various American politicians ? Bush Rumsfeldt etc?

Pigface
    Free Member

Didn't Hamas also get cited for war crimes by the UN.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie – do you think we should be prosecuting………..

I think that we should be prosecuting war criminals. I think that we should be prosecuting those who violate the Geneva Convention (even Nazi Germany paid lip-service to the Geneva Convention ffs). I think that we should be prosecuting those who target UN facilities, including schools, with chemical weapons.

I don't care where they are put on trial, as long as they receive a fair trial. I am perfectly happy for them to be put on trial in Britain. The UK after all, is a Permanent Member of the UN Security Council – so it has a clear responsibility to uphold the decisions of the UN.

What I'm not happy with, is this shower of self-serving shite, who still call themselves "the Labour Party", going out of their way to protect suspected war criminals, and flying in the face of all the principles which the Labour Party was founded to promote.

That's what I think.

alpin
    Free Member

****ing zionists….

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Pinochet redux…Brit Pols sucking war criminals….on your watch.’ is closed to new replies.