Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Pinned TV – riding on a footpath arguing with a walker
  • plecostomus
    Free Member

has this been done yet?

Riding on on a footpath climbing over stiles and arguing with a walker.

A great way to show off mountain biking. Especially when filming it and up loading it all. What a cock.

jam-bo

Maybe he owned that bit?

bruneep

13+ mins wasted

no arguing no angry walker.

rydster
    Free Member

Are they allowed on the footpath?

singlespeedstu

If Bush owns the land they can do what ever they want.

Gachet
    Free Member

A great way to show off mountain biking. Especially when filming it and up loading it all. What a cock.

I’m sure Jim’s got a very high opinion of you to. For me it’s one of my go-to mountain biking channels on  YouTube. He does great coverage of the UK enduro racing scene and interesting feature on kit and is obviously very passionate about it all. If you don’t like the content, don’t watch it.

Poopscoop

I’m with the op.

Vid is boring, don’t mind that but hardly winning hearts and minds is he? Just reinforcing the stereotype in that woman’s head.

Anyway, bleh.

rydster
    Free Member

If Bush owns the land they can do what ever they want.

Does he?

singlespeedstu

Have you watched the video?

There’s mention of him owning land they’re riding on…

Poopscoop

I dont like bush.

duncancallum

With the op.

Doesn’t help anything. And he’s wrong…

plus-one

Guy was calm and spoke nicely to the old dear. Am I missing something?

Poopscoop

Or was calm and sarcastic/condescending?

Take your pic?

souster4
    Free Member

Agree with plus one. No arguing from where I’m watching, Jim is a respectful bloke. I thought it was handled well!

She’s clearly got no more important things to worry about.

Pook

She was perfectly reasonable and seemed to be talking about an incident where a dick had been a dick. He was fine at first, then sadly condescending. A failure to take the opportunity to win her over.

And no, we’re not ‘allowed to ride on footpaths’  – we’re never going to win people over if we just bullshit. She could’ve gone away saying “oh they were nice”, but she won’t.

Christ, it’s not hard. She was talking about a problem she’d previously had with someone blasting past her, these guys hadn’t done that and yet they didn’t take the opportunity to show that not all riders are dicks.

We don’t help ourselves sometimes.

But hey, I’m sure she’ll go on Jim’s YouTube later and realise he’s alright.

martinhutch

But hey, I’m sure she’ll go on Jim’s YouTube later and realise he’s alright.

Unless she reads the comment describing her as a ‘miserable arse’ and his reply. Not to mention his caption describing her as a ‘typical shropshire busybody’. 🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

I think Jim did a good job there – you could tell she was just talking at him, barely stopping for breath, so all you can do in that situation is put your point across, kill them with kindness by being excessively polite (which he did) and depart with an overly friendly greeting.

She’d have probably been happier if he got arsey as it would have reinforced her prejudices, which is why she sloped off with her tail between her legs as she didn’t get either the argument or the moral high ground she wanted.

Fair play to him. Excellently handled I reckon.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Excellent restraint shown by Jim, I would have been much less pleasant. Entertaining channel also, deserves more subscribers.

bedmaker

There’s no winning of hearts and minds with folk like her, some people just love a moan!  There will always be something.

Christ, it’s not hard. She was talking about a problem she’d previously had with someone blasting past her, these guys hadn’t done that and yet they didn’t take the opportunity to show that not all riders are dicks.

An Asian man once lied through his teeth to me about a car I travelled a long way to view, wasting my day.

I don’t expect every Asian person person I deal with thereafter to bend over backwards to let me know they are trustworthy.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

If you flip that around and imagine that you’d had a bad experience once with a walker whilst out riding. Would you then assume all walkers are dicks and stop and tell every single walker you met in the future about it then expect them to prove to you that they’re not? I know I wouldn’t as that’s being a bit needy!

It’s not his fault some other rider was a dick. He humoured her for a bit, didn’t get angry or argue then got on with his ride. Nothing wrong with that!

scaredypants

He humoured her for a bit, didn’t get angry or argue then got on with his ride. Nothing wrong with that!

well, he did bullshit her didn’t he (may be his genuinely held belief but it’s not correct).  They aren’t “allowed to ride on footpaths”.  If the land belonged to his mate I assume he’d have said so.

If she knows the rules then she’s met “another bunch of cyclists on a footpath and trying to lie to me about it”

I ride where I’m not allowed quite often and I’ll happily chat about it to anyone who challenges me but I don’t lie to them

twowheels
    Free Member

all you can do in that situation is put your point across, kill them with kindness by being excessively polite (which he did) and depart with an overly friendly greeting.

Well it’s better than swearing at her admittedly, but there’s another option – admit she’s right and not ride on the path?  Didn’t watch the video in full as it looked boring but would probably agree with the OP.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Pinned TV – riding on a footpath arguing with a walker’ is closed to new replies.