• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • eduea
    Free Member

thanks for the imputs guys! actually evans is nit shipping internationaly due to flaw on the System after they were purchased by some Group..

the flight i thought as well, but to dispatch a bike box on These cheap flights wouldnt it cost a lot more on top of the flight tivcket itself?

thanks

jameso

Hi Eduea – I asked about this for you today, they hope European delivery will be up and running in a week or so, maybe 2. You might be able to reserve it with a deposit until then? (not my area, but worth asking mail order team)

eduea
    Free Member

Hi jameso.

Thanks a lot for the support.

If they manage in a week or so I might still have chances! I’ve asked in one of the times I contacted them if I could even pay the full bike and they ship me oneo the system allows them but I was told it is not possible.

I will drop them another email and call .

Thanks again!

cp

Out of interest, where in Germany are you?

eduea
    Free Member

HI cp.

Im in Stuttgart. 🙂

grantyboy
    Free Member

Just commuted in on my 2018 Arkose 4 I picked up in the sales, have to say I enjoyed the commute. Much more chilled than my carbon road bike and pretty much just as fast.
    Am I right in thinking the 2018 model can take SKS Bluemel without me needing to modify the gurads in anyway. Looks like the fork crown has the right holes for taking a guard now
    Cheers!

wulisu
    Free Member

Im going tomorrow to Evans to ride on Arkose 1 and 2 2018 we will see which one I choose 😉

eduea
    Free Member

Guys. An update .Just contacted the contact center and placed my order on the Pinnacle!! 😃🙃🍻

They will keep it on hold and once the shipping is back on track they will send it!! I don’t know it took that long for them to help me on this way. In 5 minutes was all done!

Anyways I’m much more relaxed now that I secured my arkose ! Drinking a 🍺 to that!

Thanks everyone for the support!

jameso

They will keep it on hold and once the shipping is back on track they will send it!! I don’t know it took that long for them to help me on this way. In 5 minutes was all done!

Good Stuff … Glad it’s sorted. Sometimes a nudge from the right direction helps : )
    I’m not saying I do the nudging. I’m just a paid bike nerd but sometimes I can direct the questions.

eduea
    Free Member

Hehe thanks man!

That’s the reason I joined here and posted my problem 😉  I thought I could get luck lol

BTW. What’s a good mudguards you recommend to fit in this frame?

Thanks again

witterings
    Free Member

Im going tomorrow to Evans to ride on Arkose 1 and 2 2018 we will see which one I choose 😉

To me the upgrade is a no brainer especially if the 2’s still discounted … hydraulic rather than mechanical brakes and Tiagra over Sora ….. for £100 difference … divide that by the years you’ll have it and pence per mile and it’ll probably seem like a pretty good deal.

wulisu
    Free Member

I have got a 75£ discount if you trade any old bike so 725£ also as a vitality member I will get a 50% cash back 🙂 so arkose 2 was the best deal for me . I was thinking about specialized elite always loved this bike and now is for sale but it’s a bit heavier, if you like steel frames in my felling steel is nicer but Im living in Scotlaand 🙂 wet and rain very often and didn’t want to expose my bike for to long outside what Im doing regularly , maybe shouldn’t worry to much about corrosion if the frame is painted and doesn’t have any scratches . As somebody asked before , what mudguards could you recommend? I will need probably to change the stem the current is 80mm , I will 90mm is anybody has the arkose stem and don’t need it ? Also thinking about changing the handlebar 420mm to 440 mm,how do you like the 420 mm ?

wulisu
    Free Member

Do I need stem :
    Steerer: 1 1/8” Clamp: 31.8mm is that correct ?

witterings
    Free Member

I was thinking about specialized elite

I even got as far as putting a deposit on one of these that was on sale but cancelled it because every write up described it as a tank and I found a couple of reviews (from memory I think they were on the Specialized site ) that mentioned rust and we live near the sea so the air’s salty and cancelled it.

wulisu
    Free Member

Finally I have got my bike and love it 😍.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

I never had the hanger recall done on my 2015 Arkose 4, and today it snapped on me while riding to work. Did anyone manage to get Evans to post out the revised version? They are just telling me to take it to store, which isn’t really feasible without a day off work (in which case it is cheaper to just buy a new one).

sboardman

Has anyone put WTB Resolutes into a 2015 Arkose?

My Nanos have given up the ghost so I’m thinking about replacing them with the Resolutes (assuming I can find some to buy!). They are 42mm so 2mm bigger than the stock Nanos, I’ve got plenty of clearance by eye so I think they’ll be OK but just wanted a sense check!

eduea
    Free Member

Great! Put some pictures if possible. I will have to wait a while jejeje. But at least I secured it. It just went out is stock

jameso

I never had the hanger recall done on my 2015 Arkose 4, and today it snapped on me while riding to work. Did anyone manage to get Evans to post out the revised version?

The replacement was to correct a percentage of them where the countersink for the fitting bolts weren’t deep enough, so not related to strength etc. Should be fine to post it to you if it’s supplied under that recall/replace plan, all they will ask is that you sign or vouch for your ability with an allen key (that’s what was done in a fair few cases when we did he built of the replacements).

Has anyone put WTB Resolutes into a 2015 Arkose?

My Nanos have given up the ghost so I’m thinking about replacing them with the Resolutes (assuming I can find some to buy!). They are 42mm so 2mm bigger than the stock Nanos,

I’ve not, but Nano 40s were about as close as you’d want to get to the fork on the sides. The 42s will fit but may be less mud room than you’d want with a tyre like that.

Finally I have got my bike and love it 😍.

Great stuff!

richardthird

Resolutes are WIDE too. Tubeless on i19 mine are almost 44.

Not on an Arkose though.

sboardman

Thanks @jameso & @richardthird. It’ll primarily be for gravel rather than mud and technically I only need to replace the rear. However, I can’t quite bring myself to fit a single skinwall, so I might take the out of stock and possible tight fitting on the front as a sign and just try to find a new Nano instead! :p

eduea
    Free Member

By researching I could get the conclusion that the sks bluemels mudguards seems like the best option. The one in 45mm version or even the 53mm if want to put larger tyres in the future .

Anyone tried any of these on the Pinnacle arkose?

Thanks for the inputs

Cheers

charliem
    Free Member

I’ve got 45mm sks chromoplastic guards on my arkose, there’s def space for larger ones. Don’t think I could fit much more than a 32-35c tyre under them (although the bluemels are a slightly different/wider shape which might change things).

eduea
    Free Member

Great Charlie.

Thanks for the input .I was wondering if the 53mm would really fit .. than I think I might go for it. Although the bluemels 45mm states it’s up to 38mm .

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

@jameso – I tried by email and phone but they said they would not post one out, it has to be taken in. Sounds like I am best just buying a replacement hanger off the site.

cgreggers
    Free Member

My 2015 Arkose 4 has just developed a crack. Found by the bike shop today! Is it a 5 year warranty on the frame? If so worth following up with evans?

jameso

Is it a 5 year warranty on the frame? If so worth following up with evans?

‘Limited Lifetime’ on the frame / Yes, certainly – let them take a look and they’ll get back to us if needed

Blackflag
    Free Member

I’ve got 45mm WTB Riddlers on my Arkose. They run fine!

legometeorology
    Free Member

Just got together all the parts to build an Arkose Alfine frame at the weekend

Anyone know how tight to do up the pinch bolts on the eccentric bottom bracket?

waldner
    Free Member

Regarding mudguards for Arkose, I have these in 53mm

https://www.evanscycles.com/sks-bluemels-road-mudguard-set-700c-x-23-28c-EV312822

I am using them on Arkose 1 (2018) with Vittoria Terreno wet 40’s, no issues. Don’t think I’d get anything wider than that under them though

eduea
    Free Member

@waldner.

These are exactly the one I will take. What do you think about them? I thought the 53 might be too wide and look weird. It’s not the case right. Thanks

grantyboy
    Free Member

I’m fitting 53 SKS Bluemels but the bolt to go through the crown for fitting the front guard isn’t long enough, how did people fit the front guard? I have no hole in the underside of the crown as previously mentioned on older models, I’v a 2018
    Cheers!

waldner
    Free Member

Hi Edua, yes the guards look good and perform very well.

Grantyboy-I had mine ordered into store and fitted by Evans to ensure best fit.

charliem
    Free Member

@grantyboy – had the same issue, evans sell a pinnacle branded bolt…or nip to a hardware store and get a 60mm+ version of the one that came with the guards.

https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-60mm-carbon-crown-mount-bolt-EV288248

wulisu
    Free Member

Hi Guys I want buy this setup:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/stans-no-tubes-473ml-tyre-sealant/

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/effetto-mariposa-caffelatex-tubeless-valves-pack-of-2/

Is this ok for wtb i19 rims for arkose 2 2018 ?

What about tape I was thinking about WTB TCS 24 MM but 24mm is out of stock maybe will found some where
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/wtb-tcs-rim-tape-66m-roll/rp-prod160053?gs=1&sku=sku588590&pgrid=60711842858&ptaid=pla-430792676818&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=PLA+All+Products&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|smWgdszFl_dm|pcrid|309840163148|pkw||pmt||prd|588590UK&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnNXiBRCoARIsAJe_1cqLXL4mgrrUtER095u-jO5E3BJbwmNHXv_yMO8kn-X5SKbdOjj8Ol4aAhyBEALw_wcB

Any valves and tapes recommendation?

jb72
    Free Member

Grantyboy … I bought some 55mm m5 bolts off eBay … cost less than £2.

grantyboy
    Free Member

thanks guys, thought it would be a longer bolt job. Off to B&Q

wulisu
    Free Member

I bought this for my pinnacle arkose 2 2018 50 mm is to short .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-Set-MARINE-A4-STAINLESS-Socket-Cap-Bolts-with-Nuts-and-Washer-912/282960146702?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=583013723688&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
    M6 70 mm and fit perfectly , m5 would be a bit lighter and 65 mm would be perfect but 70mm is good too.

mcnultycop

Wulisa – buy Tesa 4289 tape off eBay, its the same stuff as you linked to above but miles cheaper.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.