• This topic has 1,777 replies, 181 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by plumble.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,778 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three (jameso to the forum please)
  • Clink

Splatter Lime! Wowza!

alangrozier
    Free Member

those nanos look pretty good

Andy

Finally, if you want an Arkose without the complexity of gears, they offer the Arkose SS. Yes, it’s a singlespeed. It costs £800 and uses TRP Hylex hydraulic disc brakes with a 38×17 drivetrain and a singlespeed-specific sealed bearing rear hub. 40mm WTB Nano tyres on TLR rims and a choice of two colours, Splatter Lime or Black on Khaki Matt.

Hmmmmmmm 😀 Any info on when this will be in the shops?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Like the looks of that Arkose SS.

The N-R frame looks interesting too. Evans seem to be be out doing On-one in the niche bike stakes.

cgreggers
    Free Member

Really itching for the release on the new Arkose.
    Any news on when?

finbar
    Free Member

Can’t wait to build mine up. I got one of those 2012 frames in the sale for £110.

It’ll be built with a full carbon fork from China, CX70/Ultegra gruppo, Avid BB7 SLs, Hope/Mavic wheels and a USE Shokpost. Oh, and a rack and full-length mudguards.

Jamie
    Free Member

Arkose 4.

RustySpanner

Niiiiice.

And James (no, not you 🙂 ), if you are about, could you confirm any complete bike weights?
    And if the front STI’s on the 3 and 4 are compatible with a triple?

Many thanks.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh my splatter.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4hG3CSe.png[/img]

jameso

RS, I’ll get actual weights from production coming in this week/next. Very close to 2014 for similar specs on the Arkose 3. The hydros on the 4 don’t add anything that I’m aware of. The SS, I didn’t weigh it .. sorry. Rims are 470-490g for the 3-5 and SS with wider TLR sections.
    Front STIs are doubles, but rears are 32T if that helps.

And I need to have a word with someone about the chain tension in that SS pic.

RustySpanner

Thanks James.

Front STIs are doubles, but rears are 32T if that helps.

A little, but not halfway up Llanberis pass in the pissing rain with a full set of luggage. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Whole lot of editing going on here.

@James

On road.cc it says:

They’ve also managed to reduce the frame weight by using thinner-walled tubes for the chainstays, seatstays and seat tube, along with flat welds and neater internal cable routing.

Is this a nominal, or considerate weight saving?

jameso

Pinnacle/Evans are going to do this?

That is very kind of them.
    That may be seen as buying favours, no can do : ) But if you buy one and think it’s crp, you know where I am!

Jamie
    Free Member

That may be seen as buying favours, no can do : )

Boooo! 😛

jameso

Whole lot of editing going on here.

Me? Yes, trying to actually answer the Q : ) Long week away, back after 1am last night.

RustySpanner

Don’t you start Jamie. 😀
    Right then, time to get the gear tables out.

Jamie
    Free Member

Me? Yes, trying to actually answer the Q : ) Long week away, back after 1am last night.

I’d just ignore Rusty Spanner 8)

Don’t you start Jamie.

Too late. You know what I want to know 😈

jameso

not halfway up Llanberis pass in the pissing rain with a full set of luggage

: ) take less stuff!

RustySpanner

I could. 🙂

Was hoping to replace an old Rockhopper I currently use as a tourer and my old road bike with one of these.

I’ll keep an eye out for a cheap LH shifter.
    It’s spot on otherwise 😀

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

@ jameso … any small green or blue frames/forks coming in ? .. love my 2014 arkose 3 but need/want a brighter frame .. the grey is duller than a dull thing !
    would of waited a few weeks if id known the new range was going to be brighter !

jameso

Is this a nominal, or considerate weight saving?

My ‘considerate’ on a bike would be about a kilo, so ‘very nominal’ .. rear stays and seat tube lost some wall thickness although I haven’t added it up accurately. On a slim Al tube it’s not saving a lot, about an ounce on each seat stay for ex so more about ride feel. We’re down to 1.0 and 0.9mm in places which is fairly thin-wall for aluminim.

jameso

any small green or blue frames/forks coming in ?

Yes we’re ranging frame and fork sets this year – not all colours and aside from the splatter paint SS and Arkose 5 frames I’d need to check – the 3 or 4 I think. May have some 2014 frames in also, we hold onto them for warranty use but generally sell them by the time new model frame spare stock arrives.

Clink

When are the bikes available? (Particularly the ss)

Jamie
    Free Member

My ‘considerate’ on a bike would be about a kilo, so ‘very nominal’ .. rear stays and seat tube lost some wall thickness although I haven’t added it up accurately. On a slim Al tube it’s not saving a lot, about an ounce on each seat stay for ex so more about ride feel. We’re down to 1.0 and 0.9mm in places which is fairly thin-wall for aluminim.

Ta.

jameso

Will need to check next week, we’ve all been away this week. Generally, 5-8 weeks dep on model. SS, I’d say towards 7.

DT78
    Free Member

Any pics of the cx1 model?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    any small green or blue frames/forks coming in ?
    Yes we’re ranging frame and fork sets this year – not all colours and aside from the splatter paint SS and Arkose 5 frames I’d need to check – the 3 or 4 I think. May have some 2014 frames in also, we hold onto them for warranty use but generally sell them by the time new model frame spare stock arrives.

cheers jameso … if you have any small green 2014 frame / forks , id be interested as well

jameso

thedude
    Free Member

The rims on these ok to setup tubeless? Bikes look great!

Jamie
    Free Member

Might not have been obvious, but the CX1 has a splatter paint job.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3ebvqX2.png[/img]

DT78
    Free Member

Thanks for the pic. Will have to see in the flesh. Was hoping for a super bright colour scheme like the others in the range….

jupiter
    Free Member

Any news on the rest of the pinnacle 2015 range( Ramin, etc) and Hoy range?

jameso

Ramins – info due to go out next week, got too close to the Eurobike rush to send last week. 120mm forks on upper end models, X1/Reba RLT 120mm bike at the top end. Ramin 1 is same base colour as Arkose 2. Lithiums have had a minor re-jig and use glow in the dark matt colours.

jupiter
    Free Member

Ramin’s sound very nice. I know you love your Jones, has that had any influence on the design of your bikes?

jameso

I’m sure it has in some way. Yes in that I do see it is as a benchmark in handling balance or wide-ranging use and look for some element of that in any bike. ie I’m not a big fan of things like long wheelbase bikes for most riding and some very slack 29ers can get that way. But generally no, the Jones is unique in what it is and there’s no replicating it with sus forks and normal bars etc.
    I think the Ramins are much like the Cores were and they were bikes that came out long before me owning a Jones.

gredawarha
    Free Member

Hello all

I bought myself a bike from the local bike charity earlier in the year. Mainly as a run around and excerise to take some of the strain off my shins when running.

However I have found myself really enjoying the cycling and going out on the bike more and more.

My bike however is not the best and bits keep falling off so I have been considering a new bike and the 2014 Arkose 3 is very appealing to me. I have been searching the web for reviews and opinions and I have been reading this thread.

Jameso earlier in this thread you said that you had a review of the Arkose 3 and you offered to send it to another reader. Would you be willing to send it to me as well please?

Many thanks

jameso

^ Sure, it’s here Arkose Two 2013 C+ grouptest
    New bikes are basically the same format and geo but the 2015 frame tubes are a little more refined, they’re flat-welded now and the fork rides better, particularly if you fit 38-40C tyres.

Jamie
    Free Member

*spots jameso….fires up the question gun*

How is the internal cabling done, James? Hard to tell from the pics. Just curious about routing/anti-rattling measures.

jameso

Outers go into cable stops on mid-upper area of down tube. Down tube has open port near BB shell where inner cables pop out to go around a standard BB cable guide. Nothing new, BMC did it many years ago. Works well, no torches or cotton+vacuum cleaner needed.

Off for a ride now..

gredawarha
    Free Member

Thanks Jameso appreciate the help, that article just reinforces what I have read and heard so far seems right up my street.

`Do you know what the 2015 Arkose 3 will retail at? RRP £1000? The 2014 is currently £900 and seems a good bargain. Is the 2015 model worth the extra £100 (assuming that is the RRP)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.