Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pinnacle Arkose Three Fork options
  • binno
    Free Member

Hello,

Does anyone know what disk fork i need for one of these frames please?
    Axle to crown is about 393mm but the taper requirement is confusing me.

BTW: Can’t get an actual Pinnacle fork direct from them or through Evans.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

jameso to the forum please….

faustus

I faced this exact problem with my arkose, here’s you essential options:

‘normal’ 1.1/8th inch steerer 700c road disc fork (for the correct a2c measurement) such as a on one pompetamine steel fork, kinesis DC37, these or similar from German sites: http://bike-x-perts.com/bike-parts/forks/drossiger-cross-disc-gabel-matt.html All have 1.1/8th inch non-tapered steerers which you will then need to get a Hope HS136 crown race reducer to get it to fit with a internal 1.5inch lower bearing. I have done this and it will work perfectly, but the headtube may be fatter than the fork crown, so may not look as pretty!

OR: much rarer to source, a tapered 700c disk fork – just make sure the taper is 1.5inches, as some road forks had a 1.25inch taper (thanks to ‘standards’) and you can’t get a reducer for that anywhere. You can get full carbon jobs for about £120 from aliexpress with the correct a2c measurement, or kinesis do the CXD for £200+, otherwise it’s a bit of an internet trawl. This will work with a normal internal headset.

There are other forks out there but aren’t cheap. There’s a bit of a hole in the market for tapered road disc forks, but this should improve as CX has seen sense and there are more disc ‘road’ style bikes out there (see the latest genesis range)..

binno
    Free Member

Faustus, that is one hell of answer, good good work.

If it’s not to much to ask, could elaborate on a normal internal headset for the 1.5″ taper option please?

binno
    Free Member

Hi all,

The original fork is apparently:
    Carbon blades / tapered 1 1/8″ > 1 1/4″ carbon steerer, guard eyelets

with the original headset being a 1.25″ taper. Will a full 1.5″ taper heaset fit. and if so, which would would i need?

Big thanks in advance!

doof_doof
    Free Member

light-bicycle carbon fork is US$120 IIRC.

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

Binno Email sent.

Jon

jameso

We may have sold out of the matching forks sorry. I’m away at the mo but you could call the contact centre to ask.

Carbon blades / tapered 1 1/8″ > 1 1/4″ carbon steerer, guard eyelets

with the original headset being a 1.25″ taper.
    The Arkose fork spec is 1 1/8″ to 1 1/2″ taper, anything 390-395 a-c and 45-50mm rake will be fine – std CX fork dimensions. Integrated headset.

faustus

There seems to be some confusion about the taper on the fork, coming from Q’s on the website, but it is 100% a 1.5inch taper, I got this headset: http://www.evanscycles.com/products/m-part/elite-tapered-headset-integrated-ec050673

It works with a crown reducer or 1.5inch lower taper steerer, and being integrated, only need to slip the bearing in the frame, to headset press needed, which is a joy!

binno
    Free Member

Awesome – thanks everyone 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pinnacle Arkose Three Fork options’ is closed to new replies.