Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon
  • BobaFatt
    Free Member

My brother in law bought me this on heavy weight vinyl for christmas (i’m a bit of a vinyl geek but never buy the obvious stuff) The quality of this is astounding, much better than CD could ever hope to be.

I’ve picked up stuff in the mix that i’ve never heard before……..nice (strokes beard)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve got a bottle of Snake oil here, interested?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’ve picked up stuff in the mix that i’ve never heard before……..

Yeah, crackles 🙂

IHN

Pink Floyd produce an overblown, overhyped, over-worshipped heap of pretentious toss. In my opinion of course.

IanMunro
    Free Member

That’s because you have cold black stone where your soul once was. In my opinion of course 🙂
    Off for a bit of intersteller overdrive now. May be gone some time.

snakebite
    Free Member

I’m listening right now to D of the M

druidh
    Free Member

Even a cheap turntable will bring out highlights missing from CD and especially MP3/WMA. Listen to a 12″ single on vinyl and it just grabs yer ears and shouts down them!

Blackhound

Got a copie from mid ’70s which is a bit crackly these days.

What equipment do you listen on these days. (Old style Linn / Naim here)

cinnamon_girl

Saw The Dark Side of the Moon tour at Wembley. I don’t really “get” Floyd.

Blackhound

cinnamon_girl – may be a boy thing. Mrs B calls it “hippy-shit” but she was always more into soul. (Even though I had to introduce her to Laura Nyro)

cinnamon_girl

Blackhound – I like to think I was a rock chick, after all I did like Yes!

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Pink Floyd…Yawn! Music for boring people who bang on about how great and influential they were. Didn’t influence anything that I listen to, thats for sure! IMHO

cinnamon_girl

Now now, I have to disagree. Not boring, continually evolving as good music should. I still listen to “The Yes Album” and don’t think it has dated.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

“Didn’t influence anything that I listen to, thats for sure! IMHO”

In your opinion.

And that’s it.

CountZero

Who cares if it influenced anything or not. If you ‘get’ it, great, if not, well, whatever. Oasis are supposed to be great, but I don’t own a single thing of theirs and wouldn’t give even a free copy space. I happen to like DSOTM, but then I bought it the day it was released and saw them play it live at the Bristol Hippodrome, along with tracks that later appeared on Wish You Were Here and Animals. That’s not to say I don’t love loads of incredibly varied music, particularly Canadian bands.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon’ is closed to new replies.