Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Pimp my garage
  • gingerflash

We've just a garage refurb.

From this: –

To this: –

🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Wooo, I like 🙂

Zedsdead
    Free Member

nice work fella.

singlespeedstu

No floor anchor and locks…..

Or work bench, vice, tools, bike stand and huge tyre collection.

gingerflash

Very satisfying work. I'm really pleased.

Only as I was uploading the pics did I notice that MrsF has put her bloody clothes-peg-bag on the wall (far left). That'll have to go.

the_lecht_rocks

need this in it to be proper pimp imo :

Vortexracing

Looks superb GF.

Bit of an improvement to say the least.

Where is the tele, DVD player and beer fridge?

My little home from home

JonM
    Free Member

Nice work! looking to do something similar with my garage. What hooks have you used to hold the bikes up, and are they screwed to the wall or the wooden joists?

Sam

Nice, is that an air line on the right? Agree with Stu, definitely needs a work bench and some tools 😉 Vortex, I think he's got the beer fridge covered. I hope to finish mine off this week, started off an earth floored coal shed…

daveh
    Free Member

No floor anchor and locks…..

floor anchor, check x3
    locks, check x4
    work bench, check
    vice, check
    tools, check (not ones that could be used on items 1 and 2 though!)
    bike stand, check
    huge tyre collection, check

😀

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I think for all your hard work, you deserve a new bike to add to the collection.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm not convinced that it's the same garage. Looks much bigger.

Onzadog
    Free Member

double post

zaskar
    Free Member

Very nice garages!

What did you do with floor? (I want to know!)

Vortexracing

Quarry tiles on mine (2nds from Euxton tile supplies)

zaskar
    Free Member

Funny thing is my old man had all the spares, old kitchen cupboards from doing the ketchen up, proper tools etc.

Result: His garage looks a tip. 👿

I'm actually sending him the link for this posting so he can see how it's done!

Nice work fellas I envy your garages!

brakes
    Free Member

you need one of these

bikesr4riding
    Free Member

I'm totally inspired by this post.

I'm going to get cracking on sorting the junk out of the garage and slowly slowy get it to a state that looks something like Gingerflash's garage. Never thought I'd ever experience garage envy, but hey.

cxi
    Free Member

Garage pr0n – ace!

Now I've got the misses to skip the old sofa & armchairs that lived in our garage (thanks to a nice bit of help from a mouse – she can't stand the sight of them), there's space for a workbench.

Need to measure up to see if I can fit one of these in:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cwb-r1-workbench-red

mrsflash
    Free Member

funnily enough brakes I very nearly bought him one of those for his birthday!

As for the tv, we do actually have a spare portable kicking around upstairs, that is a plan actually!

Onzadog, sadly it is the same garage. it was supposed not to be, but recent circumstances mean that proposed new garage and veg plot is on hold currently.

mrsflash
    Free Member

PS floor is just floor paint.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Work bench, yup, vice, yup, tools, yup, bike stand, yup, hug tyre collection, yup.

roach

cxi – I've got one of those workbenches and it's ok for the money. One thing I did though is replace the top with a scrap piece of kitchen worktop as now I've got a nice big vice on it. The thin piece of wood that came with it would never have been sturdy enough to hold the vice. Worth bolting it to the ball too as mine is now solid as a rock.

cxi
    Free Member

Roach – thanks for that. Bolt it to the ball? Or wall? 😀

ourmaninthenorth

cxi – that's not a workbench. This is a workbench….:

Size is imperial: 7ft(l)x3ft(h)x2ft(d), and fits in a gap in my cellar nicely. All materials cost less than £50, and I built it in an afternoon and the following morning one weekend. Would have taken me an afternoon only if I'd had an electric screwdriver….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A few tips – Secondhand office furniture rules! I got mine for free when they were chucking some out.
    You can't have too many electrical sockets.
    Paint the floor, ours came ready painted.
    Install ground anchors for the bikes. We have a very secure door as well. With remote opening, naturally 😉 …. Blip button and ride straight in. 😀

cxi
    Free Member

ourmaninthenorth – that looks very solid. I do like the idea of building my own work bench as it would give me the excuse to buy some more power tools for a start.

Did you have a proper plans or just draw something on the back of an envelope?

ourmaninthenorth

cxi – got the plans online from a link on here (well, old site, actually).

*Pauses*

OK, I've found it:

The $20 workbench (mine cost £40ish).

The link to it came from here, where there are various links to all sorts of benches:

Workbench Design

As you can see, mine has a top shelf and a lower shelf. You can set the height of the lower shelf wherever you want. Thankfully, I fluked it and my tool boxes stack nicely underneath.

Cellar looks a *bit* more like this these days:

The bike in the shot is attached to this:

PS Apols for pic quality – all taken on a mobile phone.

gingerflash

I considered a workbench but most jobs I do are done with the bike in the stand. I don't think I'd use a workbench much. I'd rather have the space. The space at front right is required for an iminent purchase.

The floor is bare concrete with normal floor paint.

The bikes hang from rubber coated hooks in the ceiling joists.

The fridge contains only beer and wine.

I've recently rationalised my tyre collection and got rid of loads of tyres I'll never use. There's about 8 pairs on that shelving unit.

Airline? It's an electric compressor mounted to the wall.

miketually
    Free Member

When we move, the garage nearest the house is going to be my bike cave. There's an ace-looking workbench in there already that I'm hoping the old lady moving out will decide that she doesn't need in her new bungalow 🙂

The kiddie toys, chicken feed and the like will go into the tackroom/stable part way down the garden as there's no power to that, and it's a bit less secure as it's a long way from the house.

The other junk will go into the second (big) garage at the bottom of the garden.
    Mike "Lord Of The Manor" Tually 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Won the lottery Mike, or are you infamous "North East Post Office Gentleman Bandit"?

…taking the takings with a nice smile and a polite "Thank You."

younggeoff

Nice work indeed GF, what's the compressor (make / model) hanging on the wall as could be tempted to get one.

gingerflash

Just one of the Halfords ones, about £50 I think. I got it for the tubeless conversion, for which it was great. A handy thing to have.

miketually
    Free Member

Won the lottery Mike, or are you infamous "North East Post Office Gentleman Bandit"?

🙂

Bought at the right time and live in a cheap place. Both accidents of birth, so feeling very jammy right now 🙂

Click pic to see garden and garages:

I'd not normally hijack a thread to show off, but GF only started it to show off 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Crikey, you could put a par 5 golf hole on that!

It's not next to an medical incinerator/haunted indian burial mound/soviet submarine base is it?

I've just emailed pictures of GF's garage to Mrs Spider in a CAN I CAN I CAN I e-mail, and have been granted permission to do something similar to our new house (if we get it). I'll have a 19' x 18' garage/bat cave to play in!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Bloody hell Mike, big enough for you????

miketually
    Free Member

It's not next to an medical incinerator/haunted indian burial mound/soviet submarine base is it?

The bathroom's tiny, which I think is what put most people off. We bought it after they relisted it at £30k less than it was up for 6 months ago. The survey isn't till next Thursday though, so who knows what that will throw up…

ourmaninthenorth

Mike – that house and garden is outrageous. If you're not feeding the neighbourhood/offering rides on the ponies to the local kids, then I'll be very disappointed…. 😉

Alternatively, are you going to build a pump track in that garden?

Most importantly, though, when's the STW myspace-esque housewarming party? 😀

Oggles
    Free Member

Anyone got a wheel-a-bench? Perfect for those with little room as they just wheel away into the corner. Remove car from garage and bring out the bench! Great for taking outside on a nice day. Drawers and a cupboard, steel work surface and vice. Looks good with a stack of snap-on chests too 😉 Pop the wheel mechanism and the bench drops to the floor, sturdy as anything, you could probably mount a bike stand to it.

sv

Thats it, going to have to paint the garage walls and floors – did you have to post. Willy waver!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Pimp my garage’ is closed to new replies.