Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pila lift closure date
  • johnikgriff
    Free Member

Does anyone know when Pila lifts finish running for bikes this year (or even 2015). Looking to have a late trip there this year.

Cheers

antares
    Free Member

2nd week in September according to this site. http://www.gravitymountainbike.com/italy/5-pila

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Cheers, Not a very definitive date from our Italian friends. I’m hoping to ride 10th, 11th and 12th of September.

Think I’ll drop them an Email

zero-cool
    Free Member

It was mid September last year. Livigno is open later as is Verbier (but when we went in September last year Verbier didn’t have many trails and was a bit costly).

Grump
    Free Member

The Pila website isn’t the most up to date alas, but for the last couple of years they’re closed on the 1st weekend of September, sometimes re-opening the 2nd weekend for a DH competition, hence it’s likely they won’t be open….but far from certain. The website seems to put up the summer opening & closing dates a few days before the summer opening, which has been the 3rd weekend in June last 2 years, but again, could be different this year.

You can shuttle the lower 1/2 of Pila quite easily if you’ve got enough people and suitable transport, and the Aosta valley freeride guys will be more than happy to guide and shuttle you at that time of year too.

Chamonix will still have almost all it’s lifts running then, Verbier quite a few. St Luc, Zermatt, Dorenaz and all the wee transport lifts in Switzerland should all be running too.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I was going to email Aostavalleyfreeride anyway as I was looking to do a day with a guide.

Given above I may need to try and get another date, maybe hard mind.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just in case anyone looks this up. I spoke to the nice people as Aostavalleyfreeride, last day for 2016 will be Sunday 10th, which works get for us. We’ll probably do an uplift/guide day with them on the Monday.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pila lift closure date’ is closed to new replies.