Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pikes and tokens
  • fergal
    Free Member

I have found that with two tokens they feel quite harsh anyone else find this, particularly on rocky rooty trails, without tokens they felt fairly plush but ramp up for big hits, have removed one token, what are your experiences with setup, I am going to try less rebound.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Luftkappe.

I buggered about for ages with tokens and pressures, never ever got the solos to work like the dual position I used to have, now they’re wicked, lovely small bump compliance, not divey.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I know it’s not the same fork but I have a set of 150mm Yari forks that came with 2 tokens in them and 2 spare but I find them best with no tokens in them .

fergal
    Free Member

Well that is my experience they felt great without tokens, still ramping up, this may be my default.
    I,m thinking harsher/stiffer may well work if you prefer smoother trails with big drops/jumps.

Ps. The tokens were recommended at last service.

chakaping
    Free Member

I am going to try less rebound.

Where is your rebound now?

Just slowed mine down to halfway on the dial and it’s much more comfy, with better grip.

fergal
    Free Member

Halfway, will try a couple of clicks less.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I got mine with no tokens, found I was adjusting pressure constantly. Up to not dive, down for small bump sensitivity. 2 tokens now and they’re pretty good.

Think I still prefer my coil Lyrik RC2 with the floodgate removed though.

fergal
    Free Member

This is the thing I have always found the new pike very good not divey at all, certainly better than the older solo air LYric.

fergal
    Free Member

I have just been out on some regular trails, it felt better with one, but i’ m still not happy, will keep tweaking!

unklehomered
    Free Member

There’s always a coil conversion 😉

tillydog
    Free Member

I have found that with two tokens … blah…blah…

What travel??

There’s a hell of a difference between adding tokens to a 120mm fork and 160mm fork.

FWIW: I tried 1 and I tried 3, but I find 2 tokens on a 140mm Pike works for me. (Luftkappe curious, but skint.)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve just out in a half token, now on 2.5

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

These tokens, could they be 3D printed?

tillydog
    Free Member

These tokens, could they be 3D printed?

You could lob a big gob of chewing gum in there and it would achieve the same result, so I would say “yes”.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Yes they can be 3D printed, hence the half I have put in. From a pal that 3D prints them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pikes and tokens’ is closed to new replies.