Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pike rct3 charger damper problems
  • bobbyspangles

I’m.stuck with a problem and would like some help please.
    Rs pikes rct3 160/27.5
    It seems that the charger damper when out of the stanchions can be compressed fully but when placed in the stanchions only gives 2/3’s of travel as the charger bladder is pushing against the inside of the stanchion tube. I’ve wound the HSC off and the lsc but still have this problems.

Any ideas??

bigyan
    Free Member

Bladder is over filled, often caused by oil ingestion via the lower seal head.

There is an updated lower seal head

Overfilling the lower oil will result in lower oil ingestion into the bladder

If you keep riding the bladder will split/burst.

I would suggest a full service, if you want a short term fix I would let the excess oil out the bleed port.

bobbyspangles

Thanks. Bladders burst now so I’ll know for next time.

bigyan
    Free Member

Pike full seal kit should come with a new bladder, if its like the some of the Lyriks and the bladder is not available separability, only as an assembly I would get a WSS bladder.

Max…
    Free Member

Are these bladder dampers generally unreliable then? Looking at some take off Revs as s potential purchase that had the RCT3 damper upgrade (and travel increase to 160).

simonloco
    Free Member

No bladders are usually pretty good as long as lowers not massively overfilled and they’re serviced around the specified time with replacement bladder & seal heads etc

bobbyspangles

This is the second one I’ve had go pop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pike rct3 charger damper problems’ is closed to new replies.