Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pike Boost 2019- a bit of a bodge job?
  • lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Just received a set of 29er Pike Boost 2019 and I’m not too impressed with the boost spacing.  It looks like they have just machined (Rather crudely) the lowers of normal forks and called them boost. The hubs don’t even have a locating lip so that the wheel rests on so can push through the axle.  You need to support the wheel and then fanny about to push the axle through.

Looks a bit man in a shed job to me rather than scalable production.  Anyone else got a set  and how does yours look? are they trying to palm off all the old lowers before getting a new casting?

superdan

Er, thats the “torque caps” thing – the non-Boost Lyriks have it too, its meant to make the fork stiffer if you have the right SRAM wheels. Hope were making some end caps that worked with it I think.

benpinnick

2018 pikes (which is 2019 with a different airspring) was/is a totally new chassis. The torque cap big axle is not new though, thats been around since 2016 on certain forks.

You can get matching end caps for hope, DT, novatec and others, but now ive had them a few years I can’t say I notice the axle locating

scotroutes

Yep – look for Torque Cap adapters for your hubs or put up with the alignment fannying around.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

oops- what a diddy!  Still it still looks a bit of a bodge and £30 odd quid for a couple of ‘torque caps’

tuboflard

Put Torque Cap adaptors on my Hope 35W wheel for my new Yari’s and they’re great, bit of a different knack to normal hubs and 15mm spacers like on the Pikes on my other bike but sure it’ll become second nature.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pike Boost 2019- a bit of a bodge job?’ is closed to new replies.