Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pike and Sektor – old and new…
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

Pike is not listed on the RS website so my take is that it's being replaced by the Sektor.

This begs two questions- when the Sektor out and any deals popping up on the older (new) Pikes?

Merlin has the coil 454 Pikes up at £390 but it would seem a tad daft to pay this much for an 'outdated' fork.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi Reggie, the Sektors are due very soon I'm expecting my order in the next day or two. Mail me for deals 😉

reggiegasket
    Free Member

mail is a coming 8)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is it not like SLX was, lower tier product but hyped up a bit to recoup the market lost when prices went stupid with XT? From what I've read it sounds like a mish mash of lowers, crown, stanchions from other forks and the recon's damper?

poppa
    Free Member

Is it not like SLX was, lower tier product

Lower tier than what? It replaced LX, and was IMO a lot better!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

No. The new Argyle is just a Pike but solo air rather than dual air.

http://www.descent-gear.com/index.php?sec=prod&prod=1932

richmtb

Don't understand why they are removing the Pike from the range.

It probably a victim of its own success. When they first came out 20mm maxles were pretty rare on a trail fork. Becuase of the success of the maxle design its filtered down to virtually all the forks in the RS range.

Then the bring out 140 and 150mm Revs and make the Pike pretty much redundant.

Still you would have thought they might have kept the name and used it on another fork

ahwiles
    Free Member

prices seem good, nice one RS (and freeflow)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I rang Freeflow today and the fella said they will get them in on the 8th Sept, so not quite what the website says… (surprising that…)

reggiegasket
    Free Member

The Rev has no coil option though.

For those who prefer coil over air, like me, the Rev isn't ideal.

LoCo
    Free Member

Fishers site says they're in stock so should only be a day or two.

retro83
    Free Member

For those who prefer coil over air, like me, the Rev isn't ideal.

Same here, what I want is basically a coil Revelation with the BB damper. Guess I'll be sticking with the trusty Pikes for a while longer.

snakebite
    Free Member

Yup, I'm on my 3rd set of Air Revs now and they are going back in tomorrow after failing last night. adjustable 150-120 coil forks, 20mm…suggestions please-I'm even tempted to stick my coil Lyriks on at 140mm, that would be nice!

LoCo
    Free Member

Sektor RL Uturn coil has 110 to 150 adjustability

Jamie
    Free Member

Yup, I'm on my 3rd set of Air Revs now and they are going back in tomorrow after failing last night.

Out of interest, which model Revs and how are they failing?

_tom_
    Free Member

Price looks very nice 🙂

snakebite
    Free Member

Jamie, Black Box Team Uturn dual airs, exploded, replaced and sold straight away,and my current Race dual air uturns, seals popped and leaking air, second time in a month.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pike and Sektor – old and new…’ is closed to new replies.