Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pike 2020 brake mount issue.
  • boggie62
    Free Member

Just got some new Pike 2020 Ultimate forks and have encountered an unexpected issue fitting the brakes. I had Hope E4s with a 183mm rotor fitted to some older Pikes and used Hope mount ‘H. Fitting the same to the new 2020 Pikes and the caliper sits too far out on the rotor so It looks like the post mounts are now slightly different. A quick look at the forks specs just says minimum rotor size is 180mm, so I’m wondering what my options are? try and find a adaptor mount that will let me use a 183mm rotor (the Hope tech doc for the mounts isn’t helping me here), go up to 203mm or go down to a 180mm rotor without any adaptor?

tomhoward

Couple of mm of washers under the caliper?

davros

3mm of spacers with no adapter. Valve nut fits a brake bolt and is approx 3mm

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    edd

You only need 1.5mm of washers as 180/ 183mm is the diameter.

bigyan
    Free Member

Space the caliper out with flat washers to clear the 183 disc (make sure you have adequate thread engagement)
    Buy a 180 disc rotor
    Buy a 203 disc rotor and a 180-203 mount

davros

You only need 1.5mm of washers as 180/ 183mm is the diameter.

Of course! My stupid brain would never have figured that out 😐

binman

Make sure you use shorter bolts……

boggie62
    Free Member

I’ve got it sussed now. Looks like the new Pikes can take a 180mm without any adaptor which is a bit neater I guess, BUT the Hope E4 caliper is virtually touching the fork lowers. As suggested some washers as spacers have the 183mm rotor and caliper spot on now. I assume the Hope ‘H’ mount can be used if I want to go up to 203mm.

endomick
    Free Member

Buy a 203mm rotor or some nice CNC’d titanium washers, like raceti on ebay. I’ve gone 200mm using adapter for 180mm with same post mounts as yours, so 183mm adapter on that mount simply makes it 203mm. E4’s can foul some other brands adapters too, Hope & NSB adapters are best.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pike 2020 brake mount issue.’ is closed to new replies.