Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Piglet with 20mm Pikes – xc turning circle wheels?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I’ve emailed Ragley, but does anyone know what is required to run Pikes on a stock Piglet x7 bike? Presumably some 20mm adaptors, but I cant see these on the Ragley site.

cheers

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

anyone?

patriotpro
    Free Member

20mm forks require 20mm hub adaptors

I_Ache
    Free Member

In this answer I am assuming you already have the bike. Why do you want to change from the sektors? Is it just that they have no compression damping? You could simply put the damping cartridge from the Pikes into the Sektors.

The bluepig x9 is listed with 20mm Revs and the same wheels,so there is a possibility that you can change the adaptors and use the pikes. Although it would be cheaper for Ragley to just have two different front wheels so they might have gone down that route to maximise prophets.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

The bike has Recons current, enough said… You’re right, both Piglet and Blue Pig are listed as having the same wheels, but the hubs on my Blue Pig seem slightly bigger. I’m pretty sure Ragley will have a solution similar to Hopes…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I woouldn’t be if they are not even listing it on their site.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Are your recons qr?

If so I think its a safe bet you won’t be able to change the hubs to 20mm.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Yep, QR. Is it really that unlikely? Different hubs on the 2 bikes then? I’ll take a look now and see if the QR adaptors are removable.

cynic-al
    Free Member

unlikely they’d use a convertible hub on a low/mid end bike.

GW
    Free Member

pull the endcaps off your hub, are the bearings 20mm ID?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Damit! Looks like it’s either a new wheel or new forks! I wonder if Ragley sell single front wheels with a 20mm axle option…?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Did you take it off then? Sounds like a good excuse for some Hope Hoops to me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Piglet with 20mm Pikes – xc turning circle wheels?’ is closed to new replies.